Chapter 15

"I'm sorry for ruining the night, Minnie.", Taehyung apologized softly to Jimin after paying for Baekhyun and signing the contract for the rules and regulations of the Human auction. The alpha that he just won was very much excited. As it turned out, Baekhyun belonged to the same fraternity as Wooshik and Bogum and has recently confessed to having a crush on Taehyung to Wooshik. And so, the beta took the opportunity to do his frat brother a favor by pretending to pull a prank on his friends when Taehyung unexpectedly handed him the envelope containing his bid. (Yoongi may or may not have cornered and threatened Wooshik and got him to confess his true intentions.) So now Taehyung is truly dreading spending the next day with the alpha, knowing he has to fend off an unwanted suitor. 

"You didn't do anything wrong, Tae. It was Wooshik's fault. He was the one who decided to drop the envelope in Baekhyun's box instead of Jungkook's, not you. So don't apologize.", Jimin answered with a small smile. They are currently backstage where the omega is gathering his things and is preparing to go home while Tae and Yoongi wait. He planned on staying after the program to party with his friends and orgmates. But after what happened, he decided he's no longer in the mood to party. Yoongi's not complaining though, secretly glad that omega called it a night early. 

"JK's mad at me, though.", Taehyung winced at the thought. He tried to get hold of the beta to explain his side but the younger ignored him and proceeded to the open bar and drink with people that Taehyung doesn't know. Not wanting to embarrass himself further, he just told his friend to find him when he's ready to talk. He's not even sure if Jungkook paid attention to his words.

"I think his reaction is understandable. Just let him be for now. He'll get over it eventually. Besides, even if Wooshik didn't mess with the envelope there's no guarantee that you'll win JK anyway. We were hoping you'd win but anyone who wanted him could outbid you.", Jimin tried to console his friend. 

"Yeah, you're right. Even if I bid for JK but if Yugyeom paid more, I still wouldn't win.", Taehyung smiled, starting to feel better. 

"As if that was the case. No one would be able to outbid you, Tae. You gave the highest pledge. You'd win whoever you chose!", Seulgi, the org's treasurer butted in, making Taehyung deflate on the information he was just fed. Jimin hissed and glared at his orgmate who smiled sheepishly and backed away, realizing she's intruding in a private conversation and not wanted. Once she was gone, Yoongi quickly flicked Jimin's forehead. 

"Behave.", the alpha warned his omega. Jimin pursed his lips to prevent himself from pouting, embarrassed at being publicly scolded, no matter how subtle it was. 

Taehyung meanwhile just sighed. It doesn't matter what Jimin says. It was his own fault for entrusting something so important to Wooshik. Also, if he didn't drink just like Namjoon instructed, then he wouldn't have to hide from his friends while he took his boyfriend's call. So really, everything got messed up because of him. But there's nothing he can do about it now. He just needs to make it up to Jungkook somehow.

"Can I go home with you, guys? I don't want to be alone tonight.", the omega asked the couple.

"Alpha?", Jimin looked at Yoongi hopefully. The alpha smiled at the two. 

"Of course. You're welcome at ours, Tae.", Yoongi answered but quickly added after the two stopped squealing in excitement at their impromptu sleepover, "But you're going straight to sleep once we get home. It's almost midnight and you two have classes tomorrow."

"Awwww… hyung. Can't we at least gossip while having a midnight snack?", Taehyung tried but the older man just rolled his eyes. 

"What can you two possibly have left to talk about? You see each other everyday in school then spend hours chatting on the phone once you get home.", Yoongi asked as he took Jimin's bags and led the two outside to the parking lot. 

"It's omega stuff. You wouldn't understand.", Tae informed him while Jimin just giggled. Once they're all settled in the car, the alpha turns to the two who decided to sit together in the back seat. 

"Fine. But lights out by 1 am. If you get up late and miss your morning class, you're grounded Jimin. And Tae? Make sure to inform Namjoon of your plans, okay?"

Jimin nodded quickly while Taehyung mock saluted the alpha. Yoongi sighed as he started the car and drove them home, bracing himself for a night full of squeals and giggles and stories about who's dating who and who broke up with whom. He looked at the rear view mirror and saw the two whispering and giggling, already starting their gossip session. He groaned internally. He didn't sign up for this when he promised Namjoon that he'd keep an eye on Taehyung. The lawyer will definitely never hear the end of this!