Partners | rainbows_moon

BLURB:

BLURB:

One late night (or early morning) accident tangles the lives of two people into a deep knot.

Elyssa and Olivia have differences. But what they share is much more deeper.

They share one fear and one dark past. And one growing crush on each other.

They are not aware of this yet, though. So, come along for the ride if you want to see their journey through fear and feelings

***

YOUR COVER: (8/10) I appreciated the organization of the cover. It is very clean and professional looking. You could have done more with the photo, such as sharpening, adding filters, and adding some color. The presentation of the title could be improved as well, and you could add more creativity. Overall, it is a good cover, but as a reader, it doesn't have a very good chance of drawing me in.

YOUR TITLE: (5/10) I'm very undecided on the title. It may have a connection to your story, but how big of a connection is it? Does it fully represent your story and does it portray your story's genre in the best way possible? This seems to be a romance or teen fiction story, so I suggest finding a better title that represents your genre without being generic or cliche. What title appeals to you that only applies to your story?

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) Your blurb was short and concise, but it was also generic and empty. I suggest adding more information from the plot to intrigue potential readers. Along with that, you have some excessive information. In the beginning of your blurb, I suggest choosing either writing "one early morning" or "one late night" instead of writing them both, as it breaks the flow of your writing. You have an extra, unnecessary space in your first sentence, and most of what you wrote applies to many other stories. The purpose of your blurb is to draw in readers and show why and how unique your story is.

YOUR HOOK: (3/5) I enjoyed the humorous aspect you weaved into your hook. You took a light-hearted, philosophical approach to your hook. While it made me smile, you also had many grammar errors just in your first paragraph. I'll elaborate more on this in your chapter reviews.

YOUR GRAMMAR: (3/10) You struggled with your punctuation and capitalization with dialogues. If your dialogue is accompanied with a dialogue tag (he said, she yelled, they shouted, describing the way someone says something), the dialogue tag is a continuation of the dialogue sentence. For example, it doesn't make sense for the clause, "She said," to be a sentence by itself. Therefore, it's part of the dialogue sentence. The dialogue should end in a comma to indicate that the sentence isn't complete, and the start of a dialogue tag is not capitalized, as it's not the start of a new sentence. The opposite goes for action tags. If your dialogue is accompanied by an action tag (she grinned/he sighed/they walked away, basically an action), the action should not be part of the dialogue sentence. The dialogue doesn't help the action tag make sense; the action tag should be a sentence by itself. Therefore, the dialogue should end in a period to signify the end of the sentence, and the start of the action tag should always be capitalized, as it's the start of a new sentence. Of course, the punctuation may vary. Exclamation marks and question marks can end a dialogue regardless of the tag accompanying it, as long as if it's a dialogue tag, the dialogue never ends in a period, and for an action tag, it never ends in a comma.