Get Out if You Can | walushaf

BLURB:

BLURB:

Caitlyn Tejada died last year. Nobody cares how and nobody cares why; everyone would rather forget the whole deal.

But when a crazed vandal scrawls creepy notes in the rooms of five teenagers, they're forced to decode the message and find answers to two questions.

One, who killed Caitlyn Tejada in their last year.

And two, who's next.

***

Alison Carter is your average jock. Short hair, sweatshirts, cycling shorts and secrets.

Diego Torrez is Harvard bound, with his feet firmly on the ground. You get bonus points if you can change that.

Matt Hastings would rather take a drag of his cigarette than waste time talking to you. Ah, I wonder why.

Hunter Mason can fix cars and engines, and nothing else. Wouldn't you like to know what -- or rather who -- he's destroyed lately? I would.

Emilie Badeaux needs to keep the crown up. But more than that, she needs to make sure it's on her head and nobody else's...and I wonder how she manages it. She won't tell.

***

There are questions. And there are answers.

And this one's oozing with both of them...and more.

***

YOUR COVER: (7/10) Your cover is neat and organized. However, since this looks like a typography cover, I suggest spending more time on the presentation of the title. What fonts can you mess with to make the title really stand out in your cover? For typography covers, obviously the title is the most important part. You want to make it as interesting as possible. What sizes/styles can you use to experiment with this?

YOUR TITLE: (10/10) The title is intriguing and fits your genre well. This isn't a common title on Wattpad, so that's already an advantage for your story. It rings well, stays in my mind, and is a perfect fit for your story's content. Well done!

YOUR BLURB: (4/5) For the most part, there's nothing to change with your blurb. The only reason I took off a point is because a blurb is exactly that: A blurb. This looks more like a synopsis which you can include in your actual story. For the blurb, I suggest only keeping the top half, as the bottom half is not necessary to hook in potential readers.

YOUR HOOK: (4/5) I didn't spot any grammatical errors, and you started the story with your character's surroundings and the general mood of the prologue. It definitely could have been more interesting. For example, maybe there was an accident in the restaurant. Plates could have shattered, and you could describe the shards on the school as a metaphor for your character's current mood. That way, your story would start off with a bang, and immediately leave a lasting impression on your readers. This is optional, of course, but I encourage you to think of other ways to spice up the beginning.