Intellect | hayxden

BLURB:

BLURB:

in·tel·lect /ˈin(t)lˌekt/

-The understanding or mental powers of a particular person.

The Wave took the world, consumed it without mercy. The population plummeted with no one remaining. Except for seventeen-year-old Embrie Whitewater and her family..or so she had thought.

After a supply run to the city uncovers things meant to remain hidden, she soon discovers a secret organization... and a looming war.

Embrie finds herself in a world she was never meant to be in.

"I was broken, shattered like glass gliding across the tile as it collided with the floor."

Humanity was never meant to survive this long. And this was the consequence.

***

YOUR COVER: (7/10) Your cover has a minimalist feel to it, which I enjoy. The photo used looks a little blurry, but you can always add filters and edit the photo using apps such as PicsArt. I love the font you used for the title and how it's centered on the page, but it is hard to see from a distance. If I'm being honest, your cover does not do your story much justice. Using apps like Phonto, you can experiment with the boldness and design of your title. There are also amazing cover artists on Wattpad who can create your cover for free. Overall, your cover is a solid 7/10.

YOUR TITLE: (10/10) From reading your first few chapters, I'm getting the idea that Embrie has some kind of mental power, and she's communicating with a person in her dreams. Hence the title. It makes sense. When I first started reading it, I could not really understand the title. However, it clicked for me. Good job!

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) So your blurb is heading in the right direction. It's clear that you have put a lot of thought in making your sentence structures the best it can be, and which lines will pull in your readers. However, it is too long. There are a few things that you can edit and remove. Honestly, from reading your story so far, your writing is advanced and your plot is unique. The blurb might be driving potential readers away. Along with that, if your title is about mental powers, and Embrie is experiencing mental communication with someone, then I'd find it important to put in your blurb. The main idea here is that the Wave took over the world, and Embrie has to survive while communicating with a person in her dreams. If I were to shorten your blurb, I might just say: "The Wave took the world, and consumed it without mercy. Seventeen-year-old Embrie thought her family were the only ones left—that is, until she discovers—with the voice in her head to guide her; a hidden organization. 'I was broken, shattered like glass gliding across the tile as it collided with the floor.' Humanity was never meant to survive this long. And this was the consequence." This is short and sweet, and leaves the reader thinking. Honestly, the ending of your blurb definitely hit hard. It will definitely be the selling point; the reason that people will click on your story. It's intriguing and leaves the reader thinking.