Corvo's Queen | Aspecialhooman

BLURB:

BLURB:

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬."

Viola Drake appears to be a normal teen pursuing an education in Italy, but a shadow of a change is following her, and she knows it. The only problem is that she doesn't know when this change will happen, but she has a horrible feeling that it will take place at the royal ball. Contact from an old acquaintance only confirmed it for her- her life is going to change at the royal ball and nothing will stop this change. Will this change be good or bad, and will she be able to keep her life? Or will it all be over again, sentencing her to an eternity in darkness?

"𝐀 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬."

***

YOUR COVER: (8/10) Your cover seems to represent your story and goes hand in hand with your title. I found I didn't really get the sense that it was a romance from the cover; it seems to belong to a more of a dark or mystery genre. You could be more creative with placing the title and photo, as well as the font used—make sure it represents your story. Overall, your cover is good, but not great. There are easily covers out there in the same genre that would hold more attention because of the cover. If this doesn't worry you, then I suggest keeping it as it is. If you want your story to have the best chance, however, then I suggest seeing one of the featured cover designers on my reading list—they'll help you out!

YOUR TITLE: (9/10) Your title seems to hint at an overarching goal or particular plot/element of the story that isn't pointed out in the blurb. Because I only read the first chapter, it's hard to tell whether it suits your story; if it represents your story, genre, etc. You will have to make that decision yourself. Is it the best fit for your story? The title is easy to remember and also hints at the story/genre, so you'll be able to draw in the right readers for your story if you keep it as it is.

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) Your whole blurb is very passive. Almost the entirety of your blurb is you telling the audience that Viola knows something's going to happen soon, and probably at the royal ball. You don't need a whole paragraph to describe this, and I especially advise against using questions in your blurb. I learned almost nothing from your protagonist here, except that she is a teen named Viola Drake pursuing an education in Italy. In your blurb, you need to include the overall conflict/plot, the triggering action, and maybe even the obstacles the protagonist may face along the way. Your blurb is missing these essential elements, so I suggest rewriting it to include these. That way, your reader will understand what they're getting into if they choose to read the story. It will be interesting enough for them to click on, and all without giving away too much information. On the grammatical scale, I found no errors, which I appreciated. It left a good impression on me as a reader. However, you awkwardly structured some sentences here, so I suggest removing unnecessary filler words and tightening/shortening sentence lengths. This can clear readability for your audience as well as have a stronger impact upon them as well.