Tide | Janelle_G

BLURB:

BLURB:

"Life is like surfing a good wave. We have those moments where you feel as though you are on the top of the world and those where your life comes crashing down all around you."

Ainsley Matthews, ex-pro surfer, has been though a lot in the past. From the passing of her best friend all the way to her father walking out on her family. All of the things she's been through made her fear getting close with anyone because she knows that one day they'll be gone.

But what happens when Dawson Evans comes crashing into her life? Will she learn that the only way to move on is to put trust in others or will he break her heart and prove to her that everyone she loves, she will lose.

***

YOUR COVER: (7/10) I like the photo used for your story because it has an accurate representation. The font isn't completely centered though, and it's cut off at the edges. Along with that, it would be more professional to add an author's name/username on the cover. You can keep your cover as it is, but it could be a lot better. If you choose to change the cover, I recommend applying for a cover from cover artists on Wattpad.

YOUR TITLE: (9/10) It's a little plain, but it suits your story. I can really see the connection you have with the title from the book. I suggest playing around with different titles for your story, then pick the one that appeals to you the most. I often find too that the best title will come to you while you're writing your story; whether it's a quote from your story or a symbolic item that you've included.

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) I like that you've kept the blurb pretty short and included the main plot. However, it can still be improved. You have a few grammar/spelling mistakes (such as mixing up "through" and "though"). Along with that, you have a lot of unnecessary detail that clutters your plotline and makes it hard to gather the main points of your story. What I've found to be the important points of your blurb was that Ainsley Mathews is an ex-pro surfer hiding a dark past and hidden secrets. But when Dawson Evans enters her life, she has to choose between pushing him away and opening her heart to more loss. I've basically written a blurb for your story in two sentences. You don't need to include the death of her friend and absent father; those can be included in an extended description once your reader clicks on the story. Along with that, try to add in as much figurative/sensory detail as you can. Experiment with metaphors or similes, and if you wanted, you could even add personification to the sea. You want to draw the reader in with captivating words, not just inform them what the story is about.

YOUR HOOK: (4/5) I love the descriptive language you've added in your hook. I can see that you've put a lot of thought into those first few sentences, and I got a great visual of the scene, setting, and your character! I just want to point out however that starting the story with the weather or starting a story describing the ocean is a cliche thing that so many writers love to do. I suggest writing several beginnings for your story and make them all as non-cliche as possible. Then, you can choose the one that appeals to you the most.