Nice Reminiscences [PART 1]| Lost_Blithe_

BLURB:

BLURB:

Staying astray is really admirable because not all people have the courage to stay afar and let go of the correctness of what they are supposed to do, and wander off to the virgin path of what they actually want to do.

Everybody is desperate for a new beginning after making it to the end of a traumatic experience. Gerry was, too. After a lot of hemorrhaging, scratched skin and broken bones, she finally made her mind to immigrate to an unfamiliar city, seeking solace in a place, where the journey of a loved one began.

Little did she knew, an alive souvenir of a reminiscent travel was twiddling his thumbs in anticipation, waiting for her.

But, is the dawn of a new section of a novel possible without shedding some rays of illumination on the previous chapters?

***

YOUR COVER: (5/10) I appreciate that the title and author's name is clearly visible on the cover. One thing I've noticed is your cover seems to be more of a collage of images, which typically doesn't work well as a story cover. My reasoning is that there are too many images used for the readers to focus on. A cover should have one or two main points that help a character understand the genre or overall plot. This cover includes images related to water and books, which hints at the mood of the story, but there are too many other books that include some kind of body of water/books. How can you make it so the cover conveys more specifics of your story? There was a repetition for the images of water, and using more than one photo of the same thing wouldn't make it more clear to a reader. I suggest using one main image and focus (it could be a couple, since this is in the romance genre) and building off your cover from that. 

YOUR TITLE: (8/10) The title is simple and easily hints at the mood of the story. Based on the title, I can assume that this is a story based on everyday life or possibly real-life events. From your blurb, I can see the title works with your story, but it seems to have a vague or generic description of the story. Personally, I think the title has a nice ring to it. However, if you ever choose to rename your story, I always suggest using a title unique to only your story. This could be that the title is based on a character's name, a specific location, symbol, object, etc. That way, you can avoid having the same title as other stories. 

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) Right off the bat, I see several problems with your blurb. There are a lot of grammatical errors, including, but not limited to, comma mistakes, tense inconsistency, etc. Your blurb also contains long, confusing sentences. While I was reading through it, I got more of the sense that you were writing from off the top of your head, and that this blurb itself could be more polished and revised. 

Staying astray is really admirable because not all people have the courage to stay afar and let go of the correctness of what they are supposed to do, and wander off to the virgin path of what they actually want to do.