Scandal | RayDuke

BLURB:

BLURB:

After a scandal unfolds in the Wood family resulting in near bankruptcy, Shanya Wood decides to take matters into her own hands. Like a cliché, she leaps at the chance of becoming a rich, young white man's fiancé. The pay? Enough money to let her write her own future. The bad news? The guy is a disdainful imbecile. The WORST news? His girlfriend is a category five hurricane.

Soon, Shanya realizes her 'golden opportunity at a better life' may have been more than she bargained for.

Stuck between his better judgement and fulfilling a disturbing proposal from a batshit crazy girlfriend, Paris Boden chooses the latter in hopes of impeding a ruinous family feud.

But he is appalled by the vanity and righteous indignance exuding from his hired fiancé and absolutely wants nothing to do with her. Only to find himself inextricably drawn to her in ways he cannot explain.

As conflicting emotions seek to drown him, Paris must make a choice he would never wish on his worst enemy.

***

YOUR COVER: (10/10) Your cover has a mysterious aura and definitely pulls in the right audience for your book. The font of the title is amazing, and your cover artist did a wonderful job at making it professional looking. As always, there is room for improvement. Using apps such as PicsArt can allow you to edit your cover and add filters. This is optional, seeing how your cover is already beautiful the way it is. A solid ten out of ten.

YOUR TITLE: (10/10) The title might sound a little plain considering it's only one word, but it's perfect the way it is. I was a little shocked at how much your title clicked with your story, it just felt right. And that's exactly how you want your readers to feel. It is definitely an appropriate title for your story, and I commend you for it.

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) I always recommend blurbs to be only a few sentences long. Why? Because you want to suck in your reader with as little as possible. In this case, less is more. There is a lot that can be crossed out in your blurb. While some details may be relevant to the story, they might not revolve around the main plot and conflict. Here is an example of my take of your blurb: Chased by a scandal that cornered her into bankruptcy, Shanya Woods will do anything to become financially stableeven if it means marrying her way into money. The last thing Paris Boden wanted was a hired fiance. But desperate to resolve a ruinous family feud, he'll play alongif only to defeat his worst enemy. It's only three sentences, and it conveys what your story is about without ruining the mysterious air about it. This is just an example that you can use as a guide to work on shortening your own blurb. Along with that, using all caps is an unprofessional way to emphasize something. A better option would be to use italics.