Broken Chords | peggydeservedbetter

BLURB:

BLURB:

After what happened to his grandmother, Theo gave up playing the piano. But that seems destined to change when he lets kooky violinist Addy into his life.

{━━━⋆⋅☆♬☆⋅⋆ ━━━}

Ever since he lost his love for music, Theo Collins can't seem to find anything worth living for. And then he meets prima ballerina Saskia - his classmate at school and the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

After the school meme queen Addy Alstreim finds out about Theo's feelings for Saskia, she offers to help him get closer to her - on account that he helps her get closer to her own crush - Cillian Catambay, musical theatre extraordinaire.

Theo tries his best to keep Addy at a distance but her infectious charm and thirst for life disrupt his impassive flow. And after he sees her play the violin for the first time, he can't help but wonder if he could learn to love the piano again...

***

YOUR COVER: (10/10) What I love about your cover is that it represents what your story is about. The quarter/eighth notes and piano keys featured on the cover clearly represent what your story is about. A solid ten out of ten.

YOUR TITLE: (10/10) Just from reading your title, I can immediately make a connection from it to your blurb. I love how you've incorporated music into your title, but also hinted at emotional struggles your main character is going through, which then indicates at the plotline. Your title is unique and creative, and I'm in love with it!

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) One thing I like about your blurb is that it's clear and includes the main plot for your story. I can tell that you've put a lot of thought into writing your blurb and especially focused on not making any grammar/spelling mistakes. All you need to do now is shorten it. I know it may seem like it's the shortest it can be, but there are some things that can be removed. For example, you could even just keep the very beginning of your blurb and call it good. The main points that you need to remember is that Theo is struggling, Theo has a crush, and Addy has a crush, and somehow with incorporating music, these things are all related. How can you write two to three sentences outlining this? I suggest keeping your blurb here short and sweet, then you can provide your full synopsis in your story.

YOUR HOOK: (4/5) Your hook hooked me in. I really enjoyed the personal aspect you've incorporated into your hook, letting your emotions shine through your characters and bringing up a thoughtful realization for Alex. You dived straight into the action and I can see that you've thought long and hard about your hook. You immediately set the scene, the setting, and the people around the person's POV. The only thing is that your story is set in past tense, but you wrote in present tense in your first paragraph. I'll elaborate on that later during your chapter reviews.