Chapter 1: Acrimonious

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"A trip to an ancient christian church! Sabrina I forbid it!" Zelda hissed toward her niece, taking a rough drag from her cigarette.

The Spellman's had all congregated around their kitchen table, more than eager to enjoy their daily breakfast rituals. That was until Sabrina had thrown, yet another, curve ball towards her aunt's better judgment.

"Auntie Zee, its only a field trip!" Sabrina pleaded with Zelda, looking over to Hilda for some backup.

"Come on Zelds, it's just a fun day out with her mates; right my love!" Hilda stated softly.

Zelda cocked her eyebrow and knotted her lips. She wanted to loosen Sabrina's leads, but this certainly wasn't the time. This trip went against everything they believed and worshiped.

"Its poppycock. Why do you have any interest in this utter betrayal of your own religious beliefs?"

"Mrs.Wardwell says it will be very enlightening!" Sabrina chimed, causing Zelda to roll her eyes. 

The name Wardwell was becoming quite the popular name in their household as of late; so much so, Zelda was beginning to grow tired of hearing it.

"Perhaps I should enlighten this Mrs.Wardwell, for not all students abide by her false gods." Zelda ridiculed, causing Ambrose to lower his head, in avoidance of laughing out loud. 

"She has actually mentioned wanting to meet you!" Sabrina tested, grinning at her aunt.

Zelda furrowed her brow, inhaling the nicotine that calmed her nerves. Why the heaven would Sabrina's teacher want to meet her, she had been in high-school for a year already and no other teacher had expressed such interest.

"Moving on, you're not going on that abhorrent trip. Thats final" Zelda condemned before rising from the table, putting an end to any further meddling. 

"Sabrina, i'm driving you to school today.  I'd like to meet this, Mrs.Wardwell" Zelda announced as she sauntered out of the kitchen, headed for her bedroom. If she was going to be involved in a confrontation, she at least wanted to appear intimidating.