Chapter 16: Accend

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

    Zelda laid in Mary's bed smiling her fingers tracing over her lips as she reminisced over their interaction in the tub. She then moved her hand down to the silk fabric that covered her abdomen, lifting the hem to witness the mulberry coloured spots left by the brunette.  The ginger blushed to herself and palmed her forehead-she never knew her body could feel so many different sensations at once. The way Mary made her feel was ethereal, the way she made love to her was like nothing Zelda had ever experienced before.

"What are you so smitten over?" Mary asked from the doorway.  Zelda looked over to the brunette and smiled widely, extending her hand out to her.  Mary grinned and quickly made her way over to the edge of the bed-taking Zelda's hand in hers.  Zelda moved over and Mary laid beside her, laying her arm over Zelda's abdomen.  Zelda smiled at Mary and lowered her lips onto the brunettes-they kissed passionate, lazy kisses. 

As their kiss broke they smiled, looking into each other's eyes. "I'm smitten over a very specific brunette..." Zelda played, absentmindedly fiddling with a button on Mary's pyjama top. 

Mary raised her eyebrows and smacked her lips "Oh really...should I be worried?" Mary chipped, playing along with Zelda's game.  The ginger chuffed and kissed Mary's cheek, loving the feeling of being able to kiss the woman whenever she felt like it. Suddenly Zelda remembered that she needed to call Hilda. Mary sensed the change in Zelda's aura and sat up, looking at the witch quizzically.

"Zelds, are you okay? whats wrong? are you hurting?" Mary began to ramble, slightly panicked by Zelda's sudden mood change.

"Mary.  I must call Hilda...she will become worried if I don't" Zelda admitted with a sense of urgency. Mary exhaled deeply, and slowly nodded her head-relieved. "Okay, I will bring you the phone!" She exclaimed, getting up from the bed.

—//—

"Hilda, its Zelda" Zelda pipped.

"Zelds, what-w-where have you been! I-we-have been worried sick!"

Zelda playfully rolled her eyes "Hildy, not to worry, I decided to go on a trip.  I need some time away, grey hairs beginning to show and all...I will be back in a week" Zelda lied. 

Mary had left the bedroom to give Zelda some privacy while on the phone, but really was just standing outside of the doorway.  Mary raised her brows in surprise; a week, did Zelda intend on staying with her for a whole week?  As the ginger eventually hung up the phone Mary slid back into the room, she took one look into Zelda's tired eyes and sighed. The woman looked exhausted, she would never admit it, but Mary knew she was still weakened. Being brought back from the dead wasn't an easy thing to endure, but Zelda was seeming to handle it like a pro.

Mary laid back down beside Zelda and pulled the witch into her chest, wrapping her arms protectively around Zelda's petite frame. "Are you okay?" Mary whispered, pressing a soft kiss to the crown of Zelda's head.  Zelda nodded her head, but Mary knew the real answer; she wasn't fully healed, and their interaction in the bathroom earlier wasn't exactly a responsible thing to do on Mary's part. She just couldn't help herself, even now, she fought hard to control the inner beast raging deep within her.  Sooner or later she would have to tell Zelda of her curse, or else Mary feared she'd somehow hurt Zelda in a fit of no control.

"My head is still buzzing, but my chest isn't as bad as it was this morning" Zelda finally admitted.  Mary tightened her grip around the witch, appreciating the courage it took to reveal her true feelings.

Mary scattered soft kisses on Zelda's face and neck, in attempt to comfort her. Mary used her fingers to push away the silk material, revealing the massive scar between Zelda's breasts. The brunette closed her eyes and tenderly pressed her lips against the darkened flesh-Zelda buried her fingers in Mary's hair and closed her eyes, enjoying the woman's affection. 

Mary rose from Zelda's chest and kissed her cheek, awaiting the ginger to open her eyes.  As Zelda's hazel orbs slowly reappeared from behind her droopy lids, Mary stared into them.  "I will never let anyone hurt you again...ever" She whispered, her voice crackling.
Overcome with emotions, Zelda caught herself holding back tears; no one had ever uttered a phrase with such intensity before, and it truly touched her. All she wanted was Mary, all she needed was Mary, and all she could think about was Mary.

Mary kissed Zelda one last time before laying down beside her: Zelda pouted and looked over at Mary longingly, already missing her touch and affection.  Mary smiled up at the ginger and opened her arms "come here Queenie," she said with a chuckle.  Zelda bit her lip and slowly rolled over onto Mary.  She laid stomach down, her head in the crook of Mary's neck-the brunettes arms wrapped around her. Their legs were entangled, chests pressed tightly against one another, and their breathing began to slow.  With a snap of her fingers Mary had shut the lights off in her bedroom, leaving the pair in a comfortable darkness. 

Mary smiled to herself, attempting to use one arm to pull the covers up over the both of them.  Feeling Zelda's weight on top of her, and being able to provide the ginger comfort and safety-made her happy. It had been centuries since Lilith had felt so complete, so enamoured, so utterly devoted to someone. Being with Zelda, the feelings she felt, were indescribable; and even though she had the beauty laying atop her, wrapped in her arms, she still wasn't close enough. 

Zelda pressed a gentle kiss to Mary's neck, earning a kiss on the forehead in return. She smiled and nuzzled deeper into the crook of the brunettes neck. She had waited almost her whole life for someone like Mary to come along, and now that she had her, she never wanted to let go. " Mary?" Zelda called gently.

"Mhmm" the woman answered, subconsciously squeezing Zelda.

"I-I um..." Zelda started.
"Zelda, I love you..." Mary interrupted, taking the words straight from Zelda's mouth.  The witch raised her upper half to look Mary in the face; shocked and absolutely beaming. Without hesitation she showered Mary's face with kisses. Anywhere there was flesh, Zelda kissed. Mary chuckled and kept her arms tight around Zelda's waist, basking in the woman's affection. The gingers lips finally landed on Mary's, and she let them linger there a few moments.  As she slowly broke contact, she let her lips linger above Mary's, "I love you" she whispered-her lips brushing across Mary's.

Mary returned Zelda's kiss, sucking on the witches bottom lip before moving down to her neck.  As she nipped on the soft flesh Zelda smiled devilishly and let out a low moan, "round two?" she purred.  Mary's eyebrows raised and she bit her lip, quickly flipping Zelda over onto her back-the pair of them giggling like school girls.

—//—

Did I cut it too soon? loll

Kitty❤️
xoxo