Chapter 38: Abirritate

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Mary and Zelda had spent nearly a week together relaxing; they cooked together, Mary taught Zelda more about the garden, they played numerous games of cards, and they always found time to fuck.

However, what they weren't aware of was the turmoil occurring down in hell. With the lacking of an overlord to control the fiery hell-scape, demons were starting too lash out; riot, abandoning their jobs, and trying to escape. Everyone was in shambles, and the court decided to call a hearing, beckoning Mary back down to hell.

"Will you be okay here for the evening?" Mary asked, looking at Zelda through the mirror while getting ready.

"honey, I'll be just fine" Zelda said without looking up from her book. Mary shook her head with a small smirk on her face, trying to avoid the nagging in the back of her mind.

Mary had her suspicions about why she had been beckoned to court, but she was apprehensive about telling Zelda.  Mary believed they were going to appoint her the new Queen of hell, and if so, she'd be required too spend the rest of her days down in the firey abyss.   Meaning either Zelda accepted the position of the queens right hand and they ruled side by side, or they'd be separated for the rest of eternity.  Mary's stomach whirled with unease, for she couldn't bare the thought of possibly never being physically with Zelda.

The brunette was snapped out her dream like state as she felt Zelda's soft hands grip onto both of her shoulders.  The ginger then leaned over and pressed a kiss to the side of Mary's face, making the demoness hum in response. 

"I know what you're worried about" Zelda whispered gently, before sitting next to Mary on the vanity stool.

Mary sighed and lowered her head into her hands, she was frustrated because it always seemed to be one problem after the next.  All she wanted, was too live peacefully with Zelda in the little cottage surrounded by her flowers. No conflict, no danger, just the two of them until the end of time.

"If you are appointed Queen of hell-" Zelda paused for a moment, a large lump seeming to form in her throat, "I will go with you" she finished, her voice crackling.

The ginger had been thinking about what it would be like leaving her family, and had spent most of the morning mentally working out the pros and cons. As it stood she was pretty much in the background; Sabrina was getting older and hardly ever confided in her anymore, Hilda has gotten married and spends most her nights away, and Ambrose is just Ambrose. The demand for motherly help wasn't exactly high in her family, and Zelda hated the thought of being physically separated from Mary for so long.

"Zelda..." Mary whispered, her eyes wide with surprise. The brunette had no idea what to say, for she was overwhelmed with relief.

The ginger smiled with tears in her eyes, "home is wherever I am with you."

Zelda watched as Mary's eyes glazed over, before the brunette threw her arms around Zelda engulfing her in a tight hug. The pair held each other for a few moments before slowly breaking apart, looking each other in the eyes.

"I'm not ready too give up our freedom Zelda-the garden, the fresh morning air, the warm sunlight, the path through the forest. There is so much life here..." Mary admitted.

Zelda sighed and laced her fingers between Mary's, comforting her conflicted lover. Zelda had grown up on earth, and was also, not fully ready to let go of its beauty. Hell was not very fruitful when it came to its vegetation or sunlight; its beauty was rot, ash, fire, and rivers of flowing magma. If the pair of them were to assume the throne of hell, it would take a lot of adjusting.

"We'll be okay honey," Zelda said with a small smile before pecking Mary's cheek.

Mary sighed and leaned into Zelda's embrace, closing her eyes.  As long as they stuck together Mary could get through anything, but she really didn't want to go to hell.  Zelda flipped her wrist and looked at the hands on her watch, realizing it was time for her lover to leave.

"You better get going, you don't want to be late" Zelda said, hearing a groan from Mary. The ginger chuckled and withdrew her embrace, standing from the vanity stool. Zelda knew Mary was opposed to going to hell, but the ginger wanted to urge her lover to do the right thing. Mary stood to her feet and sighed heavily before fluffing up her hair with her fingers. She turned on her heel to face Zelda and gave a slight frown, "wish me luck!"

"You don't need luck, you'll be fine" Zelda said with a smile, "now get going, or you'll be late!" she finished, lightly tapping Mary's bottom.

The brunette sighed and leaned forward for a kiss, which her ginger lover gave without grief, "see you later honey!" Zelda purred, a small smile tracing her lips.

"See you soon!" the brunette said, before disappearing with a gust of
wind.

"that woman!" Zelda whispered to herself with a smile on her face, as she shook her head.