Chapter 23: Amplect

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Zelda Spellman"

   Her name rolled of off Lucifer's lips. Mary's face twitched with anger as she fought the overbearing urge to morph; she knew she couldn't defeat him on her own when he was fully morphed.  Mary wanted him to believe that there was nothing between Zelda and her, or else he'd unequivocally kill the ginger just to spite her.

"I'm using her to get closer to Sabria" Mary hated to say such a hateful thing about her lover, "She just agreed to helping me get Sabrina to sign your book" the brunette hissed.

Lucifer raised his eyebrows in surprise and grinned merrily. "Perhaps I doubted you, dearest one" the man said as he stood from his chair, sauntering closer to her. Mary tensed as his rough fingers gripped onto her chin, his lips lingering only a few millimeters away from hers. "You're brighter than the average whore" he spit.

Lilith jolted her face away from his harsh grasp, and kept her gaze locked on the wooden floorboards. She could feel his hot breath on her neck, making her cringe as goose bumps covered her whole body. Lucifer chuckled darkly then took a step back, "I am getting impatient. You have a week to get Sabrina to sign my book-LOOK AT ME" He paused, his booming yell making Mary flinch; quickly snapping her gaze up, to look him in the eyes.

"Seven days Lilith-or else I kill that pretty ginger of yours. While...You...Watch....helplessly" and with a massive bang, he disappeared from the living room: leaving behind a pile of ash where he once stood.

Once she was alone, Mary dropped to the floor on her knees; and began to cry.  She couldn't bear the thought of Zelda being killed on behalf of her incompetence. Lucifer needed to be killed or imprisoned within the span of a week, or else Mary would die trying to kill him herself.

—//—

Monday,

Zelda had spent 2 days away from Mary and she was becoming rather somber.  She missed Mary very much, and had started to pine for her brunette lover.  Zelda had spent enough time with her family for them to believe her lie, and all suspicions had subsided.  Ambrose, Sabrina, and Hilda, all lived quite bust lives; with school, jobs, and personal matters, taking up most of their time. Zelda had the house to herself for the morning, and used the opportunity to compose a note for her family to find; explaining that she'd be away for a few days on a church recruit. It was a motive no one would question, as she usually participated in such a thing thrice a month.

Satisfied with her work, Zelda signed the note and tied her hair in a handkerchief; deciding to cease the beautiful summer morning and walk through the woods to Mary's cottage. She slid on her sunglasses and headed for the front door; as she gripped the handle and pulled open the heavy wooden door, she let out a gasp.  "Mary!" she chirped happily, opening her arms wide.  Mary took a step forward and embraced Zelda tightly; inhaling deeply, the witches earthy scent blessing her senses.

Mary buried her nose in the crook of Zelda's neck, squeezing the gingers torso tightly. "I was on my way to see you" Zelda whispered, hugging the brunette back with just as much strength. Mary pulled back and cupped Zelda's cheek in the palm of her hand; the brunette could finally relax, her raging imprint instincts subsiding.  

"Now I can escort you..Queenie.." Mary played, earning an eye roll from Zelda.

"Lets go then.." Zelda chipped back, leaning forward to peck Mary's cheek. Mary nodded her head and sighed happily as she laced her fingers between Zelda's, happy to be reunited with her lover.  As they walked off of the porch and strolled toward the path, Zelda peered over at Mary and smiled widely; Mary caught the small gesture and furrowed her brow, "What?" she asked. Zelda looked away with blushing cheeks and chuckled lightly,

"You didn't kiss me" Zelda admitted. Mary's brows raised again, realizing that Zelda was indeed right.  She was so overwhelmed by finally being reunited by her lover, that Mary had forgotten to kiss the ginger.

"Is that what you want? a kiss?" Mary questioned, glancing over at Zelda; her blue eyes filled with love. The brunette watched as her lover nervously shrugged her shoulders and blushed hardly. 

The couple were now concealed by the condense greenery of the woods, meaning Mary was free to do what she'd like with Zelda.
Mary had untangled her fingers from Zelda's and moved her hands down to the woman's hips; using their walking momentum to pull the ginger into her chest. The pair stood nose to nose for a few moments, before Mary used her fingers to push Zelda's sunglasses to the crown of her head; revealing her beautiful eyes.

"Do you want-a kiss?" Mary asked again, tightening her grip on Zelda's hips. The ginger stared into Mary's ocean blue orbs and slowly nodded her head. 

"Please.." Zelda whispered, kind of sadly. Mary smiled at her lover before softly pressing their lips together.  Zelda arched her body into Mary's, seeming to hum in response to the sweet contact. As their lips broke contact, Zelda sighed and lowered her head. 

"I missed you.." the ginger admitted, wrapping her arms gently around Mary's neck.

"It was hard being away from you for so long.  I haven't slept for two days.." Mary admitted, making Zelda gasp. The brunette wanted desperately to tell Zelda about Lucifer's visit, but decided to let it wait until they had enjoyed each other for awhile.

"How are you still standing?" Zelda jokingly whispered.  Mary chuckled and pulled away from Zelda's embrace, wanting to continue the walk.  Zelda took the hint and gripped onto Mary's hand once again, the pair starting to simultaneously stroll side by side once again.

"Its really difficult with the imprint Zelds-the urges just tear me up inside, but you deserve your space and-I'm sorry it happened" Mary rambled.  Zelda stopped dead in her tracks; the abrupt stop surprising Mary, her hand jolting away from Zelda's.

"I'm not sorry Mary" the ginger admitted, her eyes filled with a sort of sadness. "I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry that I fell in love with you, and I'm not sorry that we are connected in a different way" the ginger preached in a soft tone, wanting Mary to understand how unbothered she was by the imprint.

Zelda reached for Mary's hand once again, wanting to be in contact with her lover. "I-I love you Mary...and you have nothing to be sorry for" Zelda finished.
Mary couldn't look Zelda in the eyes, for her vision had become completely blurred by salty tears. She had never shown any sort of emotions to anyone before, but Zelda's unconditional love was something she had never experienced before; no single person had ever shown such care for her well being, and it made her swell with numerous emotions.

Although Mary wouldn't look at her, Zelda could tell the brunette was battling herself, and her emotions. She knew words wouldn't help, so Zelda wrapped her arms tightly around Mary; encasing her in a hug. Within a few seconds Zelda felt Mary snake her arms around her waist-resting her face on the gingers shoulder. Zelda caressed Mary's back with her fingers, running them up and down the brunettes spine; starting to feel her shoulder grow damp with Mary's silent tears.

"hey, look at me..," Zelda cooed softly.

—//—

Im going to start adding a song that came on shuffle, and I heard, while writing the chapters. They hit different when thinking about Zelda and Mary...

❤️❤️