Chapter 19: Alopecide

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Zelda stirred from her sleep-no pounding headache, and no pain. She blinked open her eyes, a small smile tracing her lips. She felt the deadweight of Mary's arm over her abdomen, and the steady pattern of the brunettes breath hitting the back of her neck. Zelda slowly shifted around to look at Mary-still sleeping soundly-and pressed a soft kiss to the tip of her nose. She watched as Mary scrunched up her face, and tightened her grip around Zelda's waist.

"what...was that" she grumbled, her eyes still closed-making Zelda grin. Mary slowly cracked open her eyes, her ocean blue orbs landing on Zelda's inviting gaze. The two women stared at each other for a few silent moments, happy to be in each others company.

"How do you feel?" Mary asked, tucking some of Zelda's stray hairs behind her ear.

"I feel like myself again. No headache, no pain..." Zelda replied with a small grin. She swirled her hand and the fireplace across the room blazed. Mary raised her eyebrows and smiled "and, my magic is back!" the witch exclaimed happily. Mary smiled brightly at the beauty before her, and leaned forward to kiss the witch; their lips lingering upon one others for a few moments.

"Do you want to talk about last night?" Mary asked, as their lips broke apart. Zelda looked away from Mary for a moment, deciding whether or not she wanted to hear about last nights events. A little perturbed by the gingers silence, Mary spoke up again.

"I-there is something I would like to tell you" She started. Zelda looked back over at Mary, now ever so curious as to what the brunette was hiding. The couple sat up in bed, resting their backs against the headboard.

"Well, two things actually" Mary corrected, struggling to find the courage to say what she wanted to say. Mary wanted badly to tell Zelda about her other form, the form that came out whenever she was angry or needed to feed; and secondly, the imprint. She knew Zelda loved her, but the underlying fear that the witch would fear her, made her doubt the decision to let the truth out.

Zelda sensed the inner battle Mary was fighting, obviously whatever the brunette needed to tell her was serious. Zelda laced her fingers between Mary's and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. The pair locked eyes and Zelda gave a soft nod, relaying to Mary that whatever she needed to tell her-was okay to say. Mary inhaled deeply and looked down at their intertwined hands.

"Last night we weren't attacked by men, but demons disguised as men-unequivocally sent by Lucifer-for me" Mary started.

"Centuries ago, as a sort of punishment, Lucifer cursed me-with a terrible curse-he believed me to be a man hungry whore..." The brunette paused for a moment, the ball in her throat becoming harder to swallow.

"So, quite literally, he made me a man hungry monster...I must devour a man-of the evilest soul-to stay alive" Mary couldn't look at Zelda. She didn't think she could bare the sight of hurt she might have found in the gingers eyes, if she did look.

"When this hunger strikes, I-I um-I morph into a monster..." Mary whispered, closing her eyes.

Zelda couldn't believe what she was hearing, she was in shock. Since Lilith's arrival, the mortuary had a constant flow of battered and bloody men-well what was left of them-and now it all made sense. Her heart ached for Mary, she had endured years of pain and suffering, and Zelda wished she could just make it all go away. She loved Mary with every fibre of her body, and wanted her to feel safe and loved when they were together.

Before she was knocked unconscious Zelda had seen what Mary's true form looked like, and was going to just keep it hidden-that she knew. However, she appreciated Mary coming out and telling her. It meant that the brunette trusted her, however, it was the second confession that Zelda was curious about. She figured that if she just stayed silent, Mary would eventually come out with it.

Mary fidgeted with Zelda's hand, twisting her ring, drawing invisible circles on the top of it, trying to muster up the courage to tell Zelda the next bit. Zelda shifted closer to Mary, wanting to make her comfortable.

"There is-" Mary paused for a moment, trying to word her next sentence properly. "There is a certain aspect that came along with Lucifers curse."

"When I love somebody, and don't want them to get hurt, I imprint-on said person..." Mary admitted shakily. She looked fearfully over at Zelda, her blue eyes swimming with uncertainty.

"Its you Zelda...I imprinted on you-I didn't even know I did until I could hear your heart racing when you were in trouble last night" Mary started to ramble nervously, wanting to fill the silent void. "I just-I want you to be safe, and if I ever get too protective, I'm sorry-I-I..."

Zelda shut Mary up by crashing her lips upon the rambling brunettes. Mary exhaled deeply through her nose, and kissed Zelda back with the same intensity. Zelda hooked her arm around Mary's neck, pulling her in closer. As their lips broke apart, Zelda let her lips linger closely to Mary's; her eyes remaining shut.

"I want" Zelda pecked Mary's lips "to be" another peck "only yours" the witch finished, leaning back to look Mary in the face. Mary smiled, her chin starting to quiver as her eyes began to glaze over.

"Why do you keep forgiving me?" The brunette whispered, on the brink of tears. Zelda cupped both sides of Mary's face in her hands and stared deep into her ocean blue eyes.

"Because-I love you" Zelda whispered, smiling widely at Mary.