Chapter 24: Allicient

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
(I implore you-listen ^^ while reading)

"Hey...look at me" Zelda cooed softly.

Zelda slowly pulled herself away to look the brunette in the eyes. Apprehensively, Mary raised her gaze to meet Zelda's; feeling utterly embarrassed by her emotions. As Mary stared into Zelda's warm hazel orbs, she felt an overwhelming sense of comfort wash over her.

"The imprint is an aspect of this relationship that we will both have to deal with.." Zelda started, squeezing Mary's upper arms lovingly. "If at all, it becomes to much to deal with, we will fix it together..." Zelda said, watching as a small smile started to appear on Mary's face.

"Okay?" Zelda chirped cupping Mary's cheek within the palm of her hand-using her thumb to wipe away the brunettes stray tears.

"I love you, you know that" Mary whispered, her vocal cords tight.
Zelda grinned and nodded her head, beaming at the brunette before her.

"If-if I ever become too overwhelming, please tell me" Mary said.

Zelda smiled, "do you think I'd let you get away with that without saying anything!" she said, making both women chuckle.

"No, no, you're right-Queenie" Mary joked, using a nick name that was befitting for her lover.

"You like calling me that, don't you!" Zelda jabbed, pretending fake offence. Mary nodded her head and raised her eyebrows, "it's quite fitting, if I do say so myself!"

With a playful eye-roll, Zelda linked their arms together and slowly initiated their walk-again.
She was happy that Mary was comfortable enough to express her true emotions with her; it was raw, and showed trust. Zelda loved Mary with her whole being, and didn't want her lover to feel ashamed of her feelings-they were valid, and deserved to be heard.

Zelda kept as close as she could to the brunette, loving the feeling of being back in her embrace. Mary's palm rested on the small of Zelda's back, but she snaked it to grip onto the ginger's hip-pulling her closer into her. Zelda smiled to herself at the small gesture, enjoying the closeness as they walked on.

"I love you too..." Zelda finally said-breaking the comfortable silence. Mary furrowed her brow and looked at her lover with query written all over her face, "you said it first, and I didn't respond" Zelda countered. Mary chuckled and craned her neck to press a kiss to Zelda's cheek.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Mary asked casually.

Zelda sighed, a little peeved that Mary had to ruin such a tender moment. The very last thing she wanted on her mind was Faustus, even if they were going erase his existence; Zelda just wanted to enjoy the beautiful morning with Mary. The brunette sensed her lovers change in mood, and instantly regretted asking the stupid question.

"I suppose. I'd like nothing more to watch that sad excuse of a man wither before me..." Zelda admitted, venom laced between her words.

Zelda had never went into depth about what happened between her and Blackwood, and Mary didn't want to pressure the witch into revealing anything. When Zelda was ready, she'd open up, and Mary respected that. The brunette decided to just drop the topic for now, sensing that Zelda truly didn't want to speak on it.

"Lucifer came to me last night..." Mary admitted lowly. Zelda stopped in her tracks and looked at Mary, concern written all over her face. "He didn't hurt me Zelds-but...he threatened you" the brunette admitted apprehensively-mentally slapping herself for even admitting such a thing to Zelda.

Mary felt Zelda's heart rate spike as she relayed the news; and watched as all her facial features dropped. Mary gripped onto Zelda's hips and pulled the ginger in closer to her, "I will never let him lay a finger on you-do you hear me!" Zelda stared at Mary-a blank stare.  The brunette moved her hands up to Zelda's face, cupping her flushed cheeks within the palm of her hands.

"I won't let any man lay a finger on you-ever again" Mary admitted, staring deeply into her lover's eyes.  Zelda slowly started to nod her head,

"We'll kill them both-" Zelda whispered.

--//—

Sorry,

this is just a filler chapter.