Chapter 36: Anamorphic (Part II)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Indeed it is!" Lucifer purred with a toothy smile, as he emerged from a pitch black tunnel.

Zelda squeezed Mary tighter, a little unsettled by Lucifer's unexpected appearance. The ginger watched as the shirtless King of Hell walked over too Azeryth, and stuck his hand into the inside pocket of his coat. He then pulled out the blade of light, staring at it in glory for a few moments.

"Mary, keep your eyes open honey..okay" Zelda whispered, her voice crackly as she fought back tears. The ginger held Mary tightly in her arms, occasionally running her fingers through her auburn tresses.

Suddenly out of nowhere Sabrina apperated into the mine shaft, the blade of death gripped tightly in her right hand.  Azeryth sprouted up from the ground and wrapped his arms around Lucifer, temporarily subduing
him.

"NOW SABRINA!" Azeryth yelled, struggle in his voice.

The young blonde launched herself in the direction of Lucifer, her arm swinging back and swiftly swinging forward-plunging the celestial weapon right into Lucifer's heart.  The King of Hell let out a beastly scream that seemed to shake the world around them.  Sabrina let the knife linger in his chest for a few moments before ripping it out, only to sink it back into his abdomen.  Silver liquid oozed from the gaping hole in his chest, the pain making him drop down onto his knees.

"I will never sign your book, not ever!" Sabrina hissed, retracting the blade from his body once again.

The young witch then turned back too face her aunt, worry planted all over her face. She left Azeryth too deal with Lucifer and ran toward the pair on the ground.

"This wasn't part of the plan, this wasn't part of it" Sabrina kept repeating over and over. 

"W-what are you saying?" Zelda hissed.

"I summoned Azeryth here too help capture Lucifer.  I knew if he kidnapped you, Mary would come searching for you and cause big enough of a distraction for Az to lour Lucifer, switch the blades...an-and allow me to swoop in and k-kill him," Sabrina explained shakily, unsure of how her aunt would react to hearing such a thing. 

"I-we were pawns in your scheme" Zelda whispered through gritted teeth. 

"Zelds" Mary coughed, her blue eyes cracking open.   Zelda's anger was quickly forgotten as she looked back down at her lover. 

"pull.....out....th-the spearrrr.." She whispered, using all of her energy.  Zelda shook her head in denial, knowing if she removed the spear Mary would bleed out.

"Do it.." the brunette whispered, pointing too Lucifer. 

Sabrina let out a chuckle and nodded her head, "blood heals all...of course!" she said with a smile before she rose too her feet, sprinting back over to Lucifers lifeless body.

"We can use his fresh blood too heal any wound, we only have a few minutes until its magic wares off.  Auntie Zee, pull out the spear now!" Sabrina said, conjuring up a small glass vial to collect the metallic liquid.

Zelda's face contorted, hating the thought of herself purposely inflicting pain onto Mary.  However, as she looked down to the brunette for permission, Mary was nodding her head.

"Its okay Zelds" she whispered slowly rotating, so that her back was more accessible too Zelda.  The ginger bit her lip as she placed both her hands on the spear, closing her eyes Zelda pulled with every ounce of strength she had. Mary let out a cry of pain as the spear came free from between her shoulder blades.  Zelda tossed the spear across the cave and gripped onto Mary's hands, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.." the ginger whispered over and over, placing soft kisses to the back of Mary's dirt covered hands.

Sabrina ran back over too Mary and dropped down onto her knees beside the brunette.  She closed her eyes and started too chant in latin, as she did so, the young witch slowly poured out the contents of the glass vial over Mary's back.  Lucifers blood spilled onto Mary's wound and within a blink of an eye, began to congeal over and seal the large gash.

Zelda watched in awe as Mary's wound began to heal, and felt a sense of pride within her niece.  Sure she was madder than a puffed toad, but if it weren't for Sabrina'a quick thinking she probably would have lost Mary. The thought sent a shiver down her spine, not ever wanting to think of such a thing ever again. 

Mary slowly turned back over and tried to push herself up onto her hands, Zelda quickly came to the brunette's aid-wrapping her arms around Mary's torso.  As the couple embraced each other, Sabrina looked back too Azeryth and offered a smile. She mouthed thank you, which he nodded to before disappearing.  His time on earth had run out, and he didn't plan on coming back for a very very long time. 

"I was so scared I was going to lose you" Zelda whispered into Mary's hair-her face buried in the crook of Mary's neck.  The brunette had her arms wrapped tightly around Zelda's upper torso, never wanting to let go.

"You can't get rid of me just yet Mrs. Spellman" Mary joked, making Zelda chuckle through teary eyes. 

"Aunt Zee-"

"Help me get Mary home" Zelda interrupted, not in any mood to talk to her niece.  The young witch looked down too the ground feeling absolutely terrible, and nodded her head agreeing too help her aunt.   Mary shook her head before letting go of Zelda's torso, and slowly rose to her feet.  The brunette extended her hand down too Zelda and weakly smiled, "we can get back fine on our own."

"I believe it best you give your aunt a few days to over-come her anger," Mary said looking down too Sabrina.  "Thank you for saving me my dear.  It will not be forgotten, however, I too will need time to accept the fact that I was merely a pawn in your scheme.  A scheme that jeopardized my existence-"

Zelda curled into Mary's side hooking her arm around her back, her hand resting on Mary's left hip.  In response the brunette draped her arm over Zelda shoulder, pulling the ginger closely into her embrace. 

"I understand" Sabrina whispered, her eyes glued too the floor, "I'll take care of his body if you two want too leave" she finished, finally looking up at the two older women. 

They nodded in unison and slowly turned, beginning too make their way out of the mines.  Despite her hasty recovery, Mary was still too frail to perform any relocating magic, otherwise she would have apperated them straight too her cabin. 

"You know you'll have to talk to her again Zelds" Mary whispered as they walked. 

"When the time comes" the ginger responded, tightening her grip on Mary's hip.  The brunette shook her head and pressed a kiss too Zelda's temple.

"As stubborn as they come" She said with a cheeky smile, causing Zelda too roll her eyes in response.

—//—

Did I have anyone worried?

Kitty❤️