Chapter 18: Accite

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

    Zelda groaned as Mary laid her down on the bed.  She hadn't fully recovered from her death yet, and the massive impact that her head just endured, really knocked her back; Zelda could hardly keep her eyes open, the amount of pressure in her skull seeming to increase. For the brief moments she could crack open her heavy lids, she noticed that Mary was absolutely covered in blood, and her clothes were torn too shreds. Zelda reached out and brushed her fingertips over Mary's bare abdomen, wondering what happened to her. Mary grabbed onto Zelda's hand and squeezed it lovingly; even in a terrible state, Zelda was more worried about Mary than herself.  She stared up into Mary's eyes and furrowed her brow, as if to ask if the brunette was okay.

"Im okay" the brunette whispered, cupping Zelda's cheek with the palm of her free hand. Zelda leaned into Mary's touch and closed her eyes, her head pounding.

"Sleep Zelds...I think you may have a concussion. I'll check up on you every hour" Mary spoke gently, careful not be too loud. Zelda nodded her head and relaxed into the mattress, closing her heavy eyes. Mary leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, gently brushing Zelda's ginger curls away from her face.

Mary stood over her for a few moments, just looking the ginger witch over. Her skin had turned ashy, her cheeks had begun to sink in, and her eyes were surrounded by dark circles. She was still beautiful to Mary, but the brunette couldn't help but feel responsible for everything happening to her. She was too dangerous to be around, and Zelda kept getting hurt because of her dealings with Lucifer. If they were going to ever be safe together, Lilith would need to kill Lucifer sooner than planned.

Although Mary had put a cloaking spell around Zelda, she could sense that Lucifer was starting to grow curious. He knew something was going on, hence sending the demons. Mary knew she'd have to confront him soon, or else more demons would come and the harder it would be to fend them off. She needed help, which meant ensuring Zelda healed fully and properly-faster than originally planned-so that they could kill father Blackwood and gain power over the coven witches.

Mary needed to clean the house, and rid of the dead body in both the bedroom and front room. Although she knew that Zelda was accustomed to seeing dead bodies, the brunette didn't want Zelda to wake up to two of them-or see the severity of their lifeless bodies. She left Zelda's side to start cleaning and disposing, also deciding to rid of her torn clothes.
—//—

Lilith had felt her magic return to her after the transformation, which gave her a sense of hope. She didn't want to use her magic to heal Zelda, but-in their circumstances-it seemed to be the only sensible option. They were running out of time and Zelda being weakened, only made her a target. Mary could protect Zelda-to an extent-but if anything fatal ever happened to her, she'd never forgive herself. Mary traced her fingertips along Zelda's slender arm, a sad sigh escaping her lips.  When Mary was sure Zelda was asleep, she closed her eyes and hovered her hands over the gingers body; and began to chant.

"Hic cura cura ea omnia saga curaverat" the chant rolled off of her tongue, causing the lights to flicker.

"Melius solvatur agis confige forsosaken omnibus cura est bibendum." The spell was restoring Zelda's strength, its power causing the wind to howl outside the small cabin; its windows rattling with the magic storm.

"fix hac pythonissam, mentem cadere cœperat, fulciretur eius corpus, ei mederi magicae, hoc fix pythonissam." The last verse caused every fuse to blow in the cottage-the lights all shutting off. Mary opened her eyes and watched as Zelda's sunken cheeks, ashen skin, and dark circles, slowly returned to their former flawlessness. Mary let out a relieved sigh and smiled, running her hand through Zelda's hair. She bent over and pressed her lips to the gingers forehead, her lips then brushing across Zelda's temple "I love you," Mary whispered.

She truly meant it; Zelda consumed every part of her mind and body. Her enchanting smell filled her senses, how soft her warm skin felt when pressed closely against hers, the sweet smell of her ginger locks, her comforting hazel eyes that never ceased to comfort the brunette, her voice-smooth like honey. Mary loved everything about Zelda, especially how gentle the ginger was with her. They had spent a couple late nights together just curled up in a warm embrace, talking, laughing, loving-she had seen Zelda at her best and at her very worse; they had made a strong connection, that couldn't easily be broken.  When they were together, Mary felt safe and free-she felt loved and wanted-feelings she had never experienced before.

Lilith wasn't used to being loved in return, but becoming so attached to Zelda so quickly made her slightly worried. She wasn't sure if it was the primal instincts of her inner beast, but she felt this overwhelming feeling of protecting. When anyone or anything went near Zelda, she felt this rage start to build within her; the feeling lead her to believe that she may have imprinted on Zelda. Lilith had little to no control over her imprinting, which is why she was always careful with the company she kept.

She had only ever imprinted on one other person, a man, by the name of Abramelech. She did it on purpose to anger Lucifer, thinking it would win her his attention. However, his reaction was quite the contrary, for as soon as he found out he beheaded Abram and branded her a whore. Mary cringed when she reflected upon all the years she thought she loved him, how she'd go anything for him, how she killed for him.  It made her sick, knowing that she mindlessly followed such a beast for so long.

"Mary?" Zelda's voice questioned, bringing Mary out of her trance.  The brunette blinked a couple of times before looking down at Zelda.  "Mary, what's wrong? why are you crying?" Zelda asked softly, as she sat up in bed reaching for Mary's hands. Zelda pulled Mary down onto the bed, so that the brunette was practically laying on top of her. Zelda used her thumb to gently wipe away Mary's stray tears and pressed a kiss to the brunettes cheek. "Don't cry.." Zelda whispered, kissing Mary's cheek again.

Mary hadn't realized that tears had began to well in her eyes, she was too lost in her thoughts. Mary relaxed into Zelda's warm embrace and closed her eyes, basking in the witches affection. "I just-I love you so much Zelds...I really do" Mary whispered, her voice slightly muffled; her face buried in the crook of Zelda's neck. The ginger squeezed Mary tightly, wanting to express her love in return.

"Mary.." Zelda whispered, absolutely touched, "I love you more" she said before pressing a kiss to the brunette's temple.