Chapter 25: Abodement

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"You can still back out Zelda-"
Mary started, but was cut off by the raise of Zeldas hand.

"Mary-we have discussed this already" Zelda spit out quickly, before inhaling her cigarette harshly.

Mary nodded and leaned forward to press a kiss to Zelda's cheek, which the ginger appreciated.  They had spent majority of the day preparing for tonight, as their execution had to be flawless.
It was decided that Mary would use her ability to apperate, to discretely get into Blackwoods office.  They'd be able to slip in and slip out, without a trace.

Mary was becoming a little restless with the thought of Zelda coming; she knew Zelda was a powerful witch and could hold her own, but the brunette didn't know how'd her lover would act when face to face with Faustus. The ginger had let it slip that she hadn't seen the man for a couple of years, and Mary knew unhealed trauma caused loose ends.

It was getting on in the night, and Mary and Zelda were beginning to get ready. It was better if they left during the night, so that the chances of them being seen by prying eyes was limited. Zelda would never admit it, but she was a tad nervous about the whole thing; she truly didn't know how'd she'd feel, react, or what she'd do, when she see's Faustus again. He was so cruel to her, and it would take everything in her to not slit his throat as soon as she laid her eyes upon him.

"How about a drink before we go" Zelda purred, batting her eyelashes at Mary.

The brunette chuckled and shook her head, she could never say no to Zelda. Mary got up off of the couch and sauntered into the kitchen grabbing two tumblers. When she returned to the living room Mary handed Zelda a glass and then walked over to the liquor cabinet. The brunette reached for a bottle of whiskey, but heard a small cough from Zelda-and quickly grasped onto the brandy.

"Queenie" Mary said with a chuckle, knowing full well Zelda will always get her way.

"Brandy is my poison dear" the ginger purred, lifting her glass to be filled. Mary smirked at the ginger and walked over to top up her glass. Zelda stared at the brunette as she filled up her glass, then patted the empty cushion beside her.  The woman sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments, the odd slurp filling the silence.

"Are you nervous?" Mary whispered, gripping onto Zelda's hand. Zelda furrowed her brow and bit the inside of her lip, she wasn't quite sure how she was feeling.

"No, I'm not nervous-I'm anxious, but I have never yearned for such a moment of gratification" Zelda admitted, staring into the fire. Mary nodded her head and took another sip of brandy.  Zelda tipped back her head and emptied the remaining liquid into her mouth.  The ginger then peered over and Mary and gave a small grin "Lets go"

—//—

The two women had decided it would be best to walk to the academy.  Mary knew that she'd have enough magic to apperate the pair of them into Blackwoods office, and then back out when they complete the mission. It was a rather cold and windy night, and Zelda clung tightly onto Mary.  She seemed to radiate heat, as if she had an internal heater than ran 24/7.

Before they knew it, the women had arrived at the academy.  As they lurked in the shadows of the forest, Zelda stared up at the ruins, taking a deep breath. She then looked over to Mary and nodded her head, signalling she was ready. The brunette leaned forward and pressed her lips to Zelda's, sensing the little unease in her lover. The ginger kissed her back with gratitude and seemed to grip tightly to the fabric of Mary's dress.  The brunette placed her hands on Zelda hips and closed her eyes; feeling the heat spread from her fingertips into Zelda as she apperated them into the academy.

Zelda felt a surge of heat rush through her, and as she opened her eyes, her and Mary were standing in a dark corner in the academy. The hallways were deserted, for all the witches and warlocks had been sent to retire for the evening.  Mary gripped onto Zelda's hand and lead her in the direction of Blackwoods study. The pair stuck closely to the walls, attempting to remain in the shadows. Mary had gotten them close to his study, but not directly in it. 

Zelda's stomach started to twist in knots as they neared his office.  Luckily the doors were closed so she had a moment to catch her breath.  The hinger tugged back on Mary's hand, causing the brunette to spin around and look at her concerned. 

"Are you okay Zelds" Mary whispered almost inaudibly. Zelda nodded her head and stared down at the ground, old feelings were starting to overwhelm her.

"You can still turn back" Mary said cupping the gingers cheek within her palm, gently forcing the ginger to look up at her.

BANG

A loud thump reverberated through the hallway of the academy; it had come from Blackwoods office.  Zelda's eyes widened in sync with Mary's and both woman rushed toward the closed office doors.  Mary gripped the brass handle and pushed the door open, her mouth dropping as her eyes landed upon the scene before her.

"Miss Wardwell?" Sabrina shrieked, the young witch's surprise apparent in her tone of voice.  Mary stood wide eyed with her mouth agape as she saw Prudence and Sabrina standing over Blackwoods lifeless be-headed corpse.

"Auntie Zee?" Sabrina croaked as the ginger stepped out from behind Mary.

—//—

Hey all!

I'm officially done uni for the summer, so expect regular updates😊