Chapter 2: Adamant

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

     "Aunt Zee, I really don't think this is nec-" Sabrina started, but was cut off by the raising of her aunts hand.

"I am a concerned guardian" Zelda cried in a mocking tone, rolling her eyes.

Zelda wanted to figure out why Mrs. Wardwell had suddenly shown such an interest in Sabrina and their family. She could recall reading her name in the paper one day, a history article composed by Mary; she was Greendale's unofficial historian, thats about all Zelda knew about the woman. Aside from her being Sabrina's teacher of course.

The Spellman's have always been extremely careful with their magic, and managed to keep majority of the town folk off of their scent. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that perhaps Mary had caught onto that scent, and was using Sabrina as a way to confirm her suspicions. Whatever the outcome may be, Zelda took comfort in the fact that Mary's true intentions were nothing a simple intention spell couldn't weed out.

As she drove, Zelda kept running all the scenarios through her head. Was she taking it too far? perhaps the teacher had good intentions? Zelda inhaled deeply and tightened her grip on the leather wheel; she never did enjoy a scandal. However, she feels as though her family is threatened, and she must do the one job she vowed she'd always do; protect her family.

Sabrina knew her aunt was mentally preparing herself for this afternoon's confrontal, hence her silence. Sabrina had always liked Mrs. Wardwell and often confided in her, but even she can admit that something has been amiss with her lately. Sabrina knew that her intrepid aunt would discover whatever Mrs.Wardwell is scheming.

Before they knew it, Zelda and Sabrina had pulled into the High School's car park.

"I trust you will be able to find your way home" Zelda hummed as she turned the key in the ignition, halting its rumbling.

Sabrina smiled at her aunt and playfully rolled her eyes.
"Yes aunt Zee, I am perfectly capable."

Zelda smiled at her niece as she hopped out of the car and strolled off into the distance, most likely in the search of her mortal friends. Zelda smoothed out the wrinkles on her skirt and raised her chin; it was game time. She made her way to the front doors and took a step into the rustic building; the smell of sour teenage boys and cheap hair spray filling her senses.

"mortal teenagers" she grumbled rolling her eyes as she turned on her heel, positioning her in the direction of the main office.

Zelda strutted into the office and laid her eyes on a small shrouded woman; poor pathetic little thing, she thought to herself. Zelda lit a cigarette and shrugged her shoulders as her eyes landed upon a no smoking sign. The secretary staring at her with wide eyes.

"H-H-how may I help you miss?" The woman stuttered, visibly perturbed or perhaps intimidated, by Zelda's presence.

Zelda took a long drag from her cigarette, chuckling as she blew the smoke into the air.

"I am here to see a, Mrs. Wardwell" She announced sultrily.

The anxious secretary nodded promptly and shakily reached for her phone; her nasally voice was projected over the school's intercom, summoning Mrs. Wardwell down to the office.

"T-there is an office right around th-the corner. I-it'd be best for p-privacy" The woman stuttered, a small smile tracing her lips.

Zelda grinned at the woman and nodded her head. With the things she had planned to say to Mrs.Wardwell, privacy would be most eminent. Zelda walked down the narrow corridor off the office and entered the small room. She put her cigarette to her lips and strutted over to the window, listening as the sound of clicking heels growing closer.

"Ahh, Mrs. Spellman. I've been waiting for you" A sultry voice as thick as honey purred.