Chapter 3: Astronomical

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Ahh, Mrs Spellman. I've been waiting for you."

Zelda slowly turned around to face the voice that had just made itself known.

She raised her chin as her eyes scanned over the woman before her.  She wore an olive coloured dress accompanied by a dark belt that cinched her waist, her dark auburn hair styled immaculately, and lastly; her eyes. Piercing ocean blue eyes that seemed to swim with mystery.

The side of Zelda's mouth curled into a mischievous grin.  "You would have been waiting longer, had my patience not been warred thin" she nearly hissed in response.  She cared not for the cougar's attempt at wit.

Mrs.Wardwell bared her teeth as the room filled with the echoing of her hearty chuckle.  Zelda raised her eyebrows and took a long drag from her cigarette, preparing for the storm to come.  Regaining her composure, Mary took a deep step into the room, closing the door behind her.

"As much as I would enjoy a lengthy chat, I do have a class to teach in 15 minutes. We'll have to keep it brief" Mrs. Wardwell chirped smiling devilishly, knowing she was beginning to play on Zelda's nerves.

Zelda narrowed her gaze at the scheming vixen before her, knowing all to well the absolute pleasure it would bring her to rip the woman a strip; from ass to toe.

"I find myself unable to enjoy a single day without hearing your name being blurted out.  I wanted to come and discover what was so special about you, that has my niece in total enamour" Zelda began to fire away.

Mary bit the inside of her cheek, Zelda had rapid fire wit and she'd have to work double fold if she wanted to get anywhere.

"Ah yes, Sabrina. Quite an extraordinary pupil, unfortunately suppressed by a certain family member"  Mary played.

Zelda let out a dark chuckle and took a dangerous step closer to Mary.  The room was silent, but if one were to walk in they'd be slapped in the face by tension.  Their faces were merely inches away, their gazes piercing through one another's.

"I don't know what has fuelled your interest in my niece or my family, but rest assured. I will find out, a when I do, you better hope my mood is particularly cheery that day because your life will depend on it" Zelda growled, her voice only an octave above a whisper.

Mary's smirk was quickly wiped off her face as she stared down the ferocious ginger before her. She knew Zelda was a strong witch that would do anything for her family, but she never expected her to play this closely with fire.

Witches could sense when there was magic in the air, and Zelda had picked up on magnetic vibes ever since Mary had stepped into the room. It made her wonder what exactly it was, that this woman is hiding.

"Oh, Mrs. Spellman.  I am absolutely quaking in my heels- but, you should know better than to spit bottomless threats at individuals you don't fully know" Mary breathed, their faces only inches apart. 

Zelda squinted her eyes in fury and quandary.  Who exactly is this woman, and what is she hiding. Zelda smiled and attempted to tap into the woman's psyche; but all she saw was fire and rot. A vision that didn't bode well with her.

"What do you want with my niece?" Zelda asked hoarsely.

Mary smirked and let out a deep chuckle, taking a step back from Zelda; in an attempt to break the tension.

"As you have assured me-you will find out soon enough" Mary said as she reached for the brass nob of the door.  "As much as I would like to stay and chat, I must be off.  Kids to teach, more important plans to compose."

Zelda sucked on her cigarette roughly, beginning to see red. The woman was capable of pushing all her buttons; perhaps she had tapped into Zelda's mind. Mary did reek of magic, and it wouldn't be surprising if her interest in their family had something to do with that.

"Yes.  I must be going" Zelda purred, raising her nose in the air.

Mary opened the door and motioned for Zelda to exit first.  As Zelda waltzed past her she stopped dead in her tracks and glanced over her shoulder at Mary; eyeing her up and down one last time.

"It's been a pleasure..." She sneered, dropping her cigarette butt at Mary's feet.

Zelda made her triumphant leave, a large smirk plastered on her face as the sound of her heels clicked away into the distance. She had gained one bit of knowledge about Wardwell, and she wouldn't rest until she had fully unveiled the woman's true intentions.

Mary stood in her place looking down at the lipstick stained butt, subconsciously grinding her teeth in frustration. She knew her vocation with Sabrina would be challenging, but dealing with her hot headed aunt may be even tougher.

"Satan give me strength" Mary whispered to herself as she left the room.