Chapter 34: Amaranthine

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Mary was torn. Her son wanted to kill Lucifer, and he had the weapon to do it-but she didn't want to tell him about her plan. For if she did he would in turn find out about Zelda, and that is the last thing she wanted. He was a loose canon, and exposing her relationship would be too risky.

Little did Mary know, Zelda had been at the bedroom door listening to the whole exchange. Despite her lovers worry about exposing her, Zelda had an opinion of her own. She believed Azeryth would be a great asset to their operation. He was the ultimate weapon of surprise, and Zelda believed he would be a most valuable asset too their scheme.

Against the wishes of Mary, Zelda ascended from the safety of the dark bedroom and made her presence known.

"Good evening!" She purred, making the well dressed blonde whip his head around.

Mary shot her a look so stern, she was sure it could kill. Zelda knew Mary will be furious with her after their uninvited guest departed, however, the stubborn ginger was ready to take whatever lecture was about to come.

"Well hello..." Azeryth sneered, looking Zelda up and down. Unfortunately she had left the bedroom in only her wine coloured silk slip. The neck line dipped into a v between her breasts, and the hem hardly cleared her rear.

Zelda looked to Mary with sorrowful eyes, and watched as the brunette's lip twitched with anger. Despite Azeryth being her son, Mary couldn't help the rage the imprint caused her to experience.

"You failed to mention you had company mother!" Azeryth said,
continuing too look her up and down. Mary stood angrily from her chair, her eyes flashing an amber yellow.

Zelda rushed over too Mary and gripped her forearm, pulling the fuming brunette slightly towards her body. As Azeryth watched the exchange his eyes widened and his side smirk grew into a large toothy smile.

"Moootherrr, how'd you score such a prize!" He purred, making Mary's teeth crack as she gridded them.

"Know your place son" Mary hissed as she took a step toward Azeryth. Zelda tightened her grip on Mary's forearm, before trailing her fingertips down her arm too grip her hand. Zelda wanted Mary too understand that she was with her, and that even though the flaming brunette was angry with her, they still needed too work together.

"We need your help.." Zelda said softly, stepping in front of Mary. The blonde cocked his head in query, looking at Zelda in a strange way.

"Lucifer needs too die" Zelda started, "He has threatened the lives of people close to us, and your arrival couldn't have come at a more opportune time." Zelda peaked over her shoulder to Mary, who showed no physical sign of disagreement with what she was saying.

"We have a banquet planned at the dark academy tomorrow evening, and Lucifer is set too attend"

The blonde let out a loud chuckle and sat back in his seat, running his hands up and down his legs.

"So let me get this straight" He whispered pinching the bridge of his nose. "Lucifer threatened this fine piece of ass you claim
too love-and you are ready to risk your life to save hers....did I get it right?"

Mary's instincts took over, slamming into Zelda, the brunette lunged at her son. She gripped onto his collar and raised her hand into the air, her fingers elongating into sharp talons ready to cut the man's face off.

"MARY" Zelda beckoned, her voice booming in the small room. The ginger then wrapped both her hands around Mary's wrist, making the brunette snap out of her imprint trance. Her yellow eyes shifted back too their beautiful ocean blue, and her razor sharp talons shrunk back down to normal fingers.

Azeryth had shrunk down into the small man he was, his eyes wide with fear. He had never seen his mother in her beastly form, and after seeing just a small portion of her change he never wanted to see her fully morphed. Let alone be in the line of fire.

"Will you please—help us" Zelda whispered looking down at Azeryth, her arm snaking around Mary's waist.
The brunette seemed too curl into Zelda's embrace, wanting her pompous son to disappear.

"I will do anything you ask" he whispered, looking fearfully at his mother, who's face was practically buried in the crook of Zelda's neck.

"You better be going.  Meet me at the academy tomorrow morning.  We'll talk then" Zelda spoke calmly.

With a nod Azeryth disappeared,
leaving the two women standing alone in the living room. Zelda exhaled deeply and stared at Mary, awaiting her explosion. Zelda had went against Mary's wishes and made their relationship known to Azeryth, and it was her disobedience she'd pay for.

"Can we go to bed now?" Mary whispered leaving Zelda's embrace, headed for the bedroom.  Zelda furrowed her brow and quickly followed behind Mary.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zelda asked, gripping onto Mary's arm.  The ginger was surprised by Mary's calmness, it actually unsettled her.

"I don't want too pick a fight Zelds.  What you did was risky-but it worked, so lets just go too bed. Okay?" Mary said, looking at Zelda through tired eyes. The ginger nodded her head, and leaned forward to press a kiss to Mary's cheek, "you're not mad at me?"

"Of course I'm mad Zelda!" Mary said, her voice slightly raised, "my son is unpredictable as ever, and you went against my wishes-which, for a second time, has most likely put your life in jeopardy."

Zelda looked down at the ground in shame as what Mary said began too sink in. The fuming brunette was right, and Zelda realized she was in the wrong for disobeying Mary's wishes. Mary knew Zelda was just trying to help their cause, and she felt bad for raising her voice, but her anger came from a place of love.

"come here.." Mary whispered as she placed her hands on Zelda's hips, gently pulling the ginger into her embrace. The brunette wrapped her arms tightly around Zelda's waist and buried her face in the ginger's tasseled curls. In response Zelda enclosed her arms around Mary's neck, humming with contentment.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I just love you so much, and if anything ever happened too you——I'd never forgive myself," Mary said tightening her grip around Zelda's waist, unable too get enough of her ginger lover.

"I'm not going anywhere honey" Zelda whispered back, before pressing a kiss to the side of Mary's face. The brunette abruptly withdrew from the ginger, too look her in the eyes-her anger returning.

"You can't say that. How do you know? what if I can't protect you? what if something goes wrong? You don't know Zelda!" Mary raged, making Zelda's eyes glaze over with tears.

"You're right, I don't know, and I'm terrified Mary——I'm absolutely terrified" Zelda's voice cracked and a stray tear made its way down her cheek. "I'm not ready too die"

Mary pulled Zelda back into her chest, squeezing her arms tightly around her, "I know baby-I'm sorry-I just can't lose you and I am scared I won't be able too protect you."

Zelda sniffled and slowly pulled away from Mary, "lets go to bed now. We both need some rest for tomorrow."

Mary nodded her head and entangled her fingers between Zelda's, the pair walking into the bedroom hand in hand. Mary laid down first and pulled Zelda down to lay on top of her, then wrapped her arms around the ginger's waist. Mary loved when they slept like this, so close, and she knew Zelda was safe in her arms.

"I love you" Mary whispered.

"I love you more" Zelda retorted, before finally closing her eyes.