Chapter 4: Aim

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Hildy, she reeked of magic." Zelda said as she lathered a thick layer of cream onto her leg "and the cheek of her, perfectly foul" Zelda ranted. She had been smacking off about her interaction with Wardwell all day.

Hilda just shook her head as she bustled around their conjoined bedroom, preparing Zelda's bed for her. Zelda stared at her unusually silent sister through the mirror and furrowed her brow.

"What Hilda?" She asked as she spun around to face her sister.

"Wha- oh nothing love" Hilda replied happily, making Zelda roll her eyes.

"You have hardly said one peep since I got home" Zelda countered, her eyes following her sister around the room. "Hilda, what's wrong?" She asked getting quite impatient.

With a big huff Hilda dropped the decorative pillow she was holding and looked at her sister.
"Do you ever think-you just take things too far?"

Zelda stared at her sister with wide eyes.  "Magic or not.  That is Sabrina's teacher, and you may have very well ruined a relationship for her.  Sometimes  Zelds...you strive more for personal gratification rather than the good of others."

Zelda scoffed and turned away from her sister. "Poppycock.  I do what I see fit to protect my family. First, and always" Zelda argued.

What Hilda had said really hit a different nerve for Zelda. Usually her meek and mild sibling chose not to raise any opinion with her, which is what made Zelda question how she handled the Wardwell situation. It was clear Mary had hidden secrets, and she felt it in her bones that whatever she was hiding was not something to be ignored. Ruthless as Zelda may have to become, she will find out what Mary is hiding; despite what her sister may think.

Aside from that, and much as she hated to admit it, Hilda did have a point.  Perhaps Zelda had used the wrong motive, and approached Mary in the wrong manner.  Perhaps if she approached Mrs.Wardwell in a different way she would get the answers she was looking for.  Zelda looked over to the clock, its hands reading 8:00, the night was still young; Zelda pulled her pantyhose back up, fluffed her hair, and told Hilda not to wait up for her.

Perhaps an apology and a bottle of wine will be enough to coax Mary's secrets out of her. Zelda headed for the liquor cabinet and grabbed two of her oldest, finest, aged bottles of wine. It was a beautiful night and the moon was shining bright, so she decided against driving; choosing to walk instead. The forest was lovely at night and Zelda needed the fresh air and serenity before pulling off the facade she was planning.

"You really are wicked Zelda.." She said, chuckling to herself.

-//—
Hey,

if you're reading-thank you.  I love this ship and hope to do them justice.