ch. 17

minho kept repeating seungmin's words in his head as he walked over to the table that jisung and his friends were sat at.

he nervously sat down beside jisung, and didn't cheerfully say 'hi' like he usually would.

"hey, min." jisung smiled brightly.

"h—hey sung.." minho managed to stutter out.

"are you okay? you seem nervous?" jisung asked, grabbing the olders hand which was resting on the table.

minho turned to face the younger and looked at him in the eyes, "do you wanna..."

this is what caught hyunjins attention, eagerly tapping felix and jeongin's shoulders.

they all stared impatiently at the two, waiting for the oldest to say something.

"hang out? a—after school..?"

their shoulders dropped in disappointment and they all went back to what they were doing beforehand.

"of course." jisung chuckled, "you don't have to ask." he said.

minho nodded his head and stood up, "meet me at my place at ten, okay?" he smiled and jisung nodded his head, waving him goodbye.

"i can't believe he didn't ask you out!" hyunjin gasped.

"shut up, he probably doesn't even like me that way." jisung shrugged.

"c'mon, it's so obvious! even your mom would notice!" jeongin dramatically said, taking a bite of his pasta.

"okay okay, just eat your lunch." the older slouched, aggressively stabbing his fries with his fork.

——

minho's head popped up at the sound of a knock at the front door, and he ran over and quickly opened it with a charming smile.

"hey, min." jisung smiled, "so what do you want to do?" he asked, setting down his bag.

"go to the backyard, i prepared something." minho whispered, jisung laughing in confusion.

"okay then." he smiled, walking towards the back door.

minho turned around and kicked the figure hunched behind the kitchen island.

"get out now!" he whispered yelled, watching for jisung.

"ow— you didn't have to kick me, we're going!" the figure whined, as seungmin, chan and changbin stood up.

"good luck, you'll need it." seungmin said, patting the older on the shoulder.

"hey!" he pouted, as the three friends all walked out of the front door.

minho walked out to the backyard, to see jisung sitting in the middle of the fort that minho and changbin had made.

"did you do this by yourself?" jisung asked.

"nah, changbin helped." minho chuckled, jisung making an 'ah' sound.

"it's nice, are we gonna watch a movie or something?" he asked with an excited smile minho's heart melt.

"yeah, it's called five feet apart." the older responded.

after the movie, it was almost midnight and there was quiet music playing. it was minho's favourite song.

they were slowly dancing side to side together, jisung's held resting on the olders shoulder.

"y'know..." minho started quietly, catching the youngers attention.

"i was just like you, about four years ago.." this made jisung confused, what could he possibly mean by that?

"my parents.." he continued, letting out a shaky breath.

"they were so attracted to the idea of perfection. they forced these 'perfect' standards on me, and when they found out i was friends with the openly gay kid.."

minho pauses for a second when jisung hummed, in a way to comfort him.

he sighed and continued, "t—they made me stop being friends with him... when i was younger, i didn't know why."

"and then i came out to them.." minho bit his lip, feeling tears fill his eyes. "they k—kicked me out.." his voice breaking and tears finally falling.

jisung stared at him, and reached to wipe his tears away.

"don't worry min, i'm here now. and i won't kick you away like they did, i promise." he said, pulling him into a hug as the older started sobbing into his shoulder.

after awhile of sobbing and back rubs, minho pulled away and sniffled.

"sung.." he said, the boy nodding.

minho exhaled, "i like you." he said, jisung's eyes widening for a second before he smiled.

(ARE WE ABT TO KISS—)

"and i understand if you—"

"shut up.." jisung giggled, cupping the olders face and kissing him on lips 🥺🥺🥺

minho pulled away with a smile, "can i be your boyfr—"

"yes!" jisung yelled, before minho could even finish and kissed him again with a big smile.

"i have been waiting so long for this day..." jisung whispered, making minho smile.

"me too."

——

I CAN JUST IMAGINE MINHO SOBBING AND ITS BREAKING MY HEART