ch. 31

it has been a week since everything happened, minho still hadn't heard from jisung. neither did hyunjin, jeongin or even felix.

minho was dying everyday, the only thing on his mind being jisung.

so when he was sat in the cafeteria, and he suddenly walked in was when it all came rushing back.

"minho.." felix mumbled, slightly hitting the boy on the arm. minho looked up from his food which he was playing with and hummed.

felix pointed towards the entrance of the cafeteria, which a familiar squirrel-looking boy was standing at.

minho gasped and immediately got up, running towards the boy as fast as he could.

"sung, oh my god." he said, pulling the boy into a tight hug, ignoring all the lingering stares on him.

he pulled away and cupped his face, "i missed you so much." he whispered, a smile finally coming onto his smile again.

he just noticed the boys hair was different from the slightly washed-out orange it was last week, but he didn't care. he pulled the boy into another tight hug.

jisung pulled away, "let go of me." he said, glaring up at the older slightly.

"why— what's wrong? are you okay?" he asked, cuppings the boys face and inspecting it.

jisung pulled his hands away, "don't touch me. just... l—leave me alone." he shakily whispered, running out of the room.

minho slightly gasped, feeling his breaths getting slower. he clutched his chest, "fuck." he mumbled.

he ran out of the room, ignoring felix's confused calls from behind him.

"j—jisung! w—what did i do?" he called out, tripping on his own feet and falling to the ground. he sat up against the wall, holding his chest which was still heaving up and down.

he felt tears come to his eyes, and he gasped for air. felix soon came into his sight, asking him if he was okay and where jisung was.

felix's voice faded in and out, minho could see the light flickering in and out nonstop. he gripped felix's sleeve tightly and wordlessly.

then it went dark.

——

jisung was sat on the floor in the nurses room, beside the bed minho was peacefully—or not—sleeping on.

no one else was in the room besides them, he was crying silently.

"i—i'm sorry, min." he whispered, looking at the older.

he bit his lip, wiping his tears when he stirred in his sleep. he stood up and looked at the piece of paper in his hand, he folded it and left it on the table beside the bed.

"i—..." jisung took a deep breath. "i love you." he whispered and walked out of the room.

a few minutes later, minho woke up and sat up while rubbing his eyes. he glanced around the room, his focus landing on the small piece of paper on the table.

he furrowed his eyebrows, and picked up the note. he gently unfolded it and read the words inside, tears gathering in his eyes as he continued reading.

he let out a quiet sob and quickly stood up, running out of the room and down the hall, running past a confused felix.

"hey, minho! you okay?" he asked, only shrugging and continued his way when the boy didn't answer.

minho ran and ran, only stopping when he couldn't breathe. he bit his lip tightly, thinking of where jisung could possibly be.

that's when it hit him.

"i like to take walks on the beach when i'm feeling stressed, it calms me down." jisung said with a small smile on his face.

"i'll take you for a walk on the beach for our next date, promise." minho smiled, gently kissing the youngers hand.

minho gasped and started running in the direction of the beach, running like his life depended on it.

——

jisung sat on the sand, staring into the ocean. he felt tears rise in his eyes and he let out a sob.

he covered his mouth, trying to conceal his cries but they still got out. he sobbed into his hands, the sound of the ocean slightly calming him down.

he turned around when he heard a quiet voice say his name.

"m—minho.." he mumbled, looking down at the ground.

minho came and sat beside him, "sung, why are you crying?" he asked, reaching out and gently wiping the boys tears away, but more soon fell.

"don't cry, i'm here now. i'm not leaving." minho said, pulling the boy into a tight hug.

jisung sobbed into the olders chest, not caring about his tears staining his shirt.

"i—i'm sorry, i'm so sorry." he mumbled, pulling away and wiping his tears.

"don't be sorry, sung. there was nothing you could've done. what did they say to you?" minho whispered, holding the boys hand.

"they tried to.. c—convince me that i didn't like you. they even had a p—priest come and bless me." jisung whispered, his voice breaking at the end.

minho sighed, "i'm sorry for not protecting you." he mumbled, playing with the rings on the others fingers. "i just didn't what to do.."

"it made me think of.. w—when my parents found out, and it just scared me... i couldn't think of anything else but to run." he said quietly, avoiding eye contact with the younger.

"you don't have to worry, min." jisung said, before he took a deep breath. "i'm gonna tell them. and i'm gonna leave."

minho looked up at his words, "sung, you don't have to—"

"no, i want to. it's been too long, i can't live like this anymore." jisung whispered, leaning his head on minho's shoulder.

"do you think i could stay with you guys?" he whispered quietly.

"of course, i'm sure the guys won't mind at all." minho smiled, pulling jisung closer.

——

hey everyone! i just wanted to tell y'all, the next chapter will unfortunately be the last :(