ch. 12

slight trigger warning ⚠️
this chapter will be kinda sad

——

the small group of friends walked out of the school together but stopped when minho got a phone call.

he looked at the contact and his smile dropped, he answered and walked a couple feet away from the group.

"..y—yeah?" he asked quietly.

"why? .. fine, i'll come." he sighed and then walked back up to the confused group of friends.

"i have to go...it's— it's, um.. urgent. i'll see you guys later though." minho said, walking away from the group with a heavy sigh.

"that was weird.." jisung said, staring at the older as he walked away.

"what do you think he's doing?" he asked, turning around to face his friends.

"it's probably something personal." felix shrugged.

"hmm, yeah.. anyways, let's go." jisung said, as they all continued their way to felix's house.

——

as minho walked into the driveway, the front door opened.

there, he saw them. his family.

he looked away, debating for a second before he decided to walk up to them.

"hello.. minho." his father said, with a straight face.

"hey d—dad.." he said, quietly.

"come in, minho." his mother said, as they moved to the side.

minho walked into the house and was met with a sense of familiarity. he hasn't been in this house for a long time, it felt weird being back after so long.

"so, how are you doing? are you still hanging out with.. him?" his mother asked him, slowly.

"yes, i do still hang out with him. but, it—it's not like that.. we're friends." minho said, playing with his hands as he stares at his parents.

"that's what you said four years ago." his father said, with a stern look on his face.

"that's because we were just friends, dad. just because we were both gay, doesn't mean we're automatically dating each other!" minho slightly yelled.

"minho! do not yell at us like that!" his mother scolded.

"whatever, you disowned me a long time ago!" he screamed.

"minho—"

"do you know what that does to a kid?! i was only thirteen! i had to grow up alone because you couldn't accept the fact that i liked guys!" he yelled, standing up.

his father stood up abruptly and slapped him.

"...i fucking hate you guys." minho muttered quietly, before he dashed out the house with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

he ran and ran and ran until he was at his destination. it was where he and jisung would always go to for spray painting.