ch. 23

trigger warning ⚠️
this chapter will have heavy topics such as religion and homophobia

——

"i think we lost them.." felix said, looking in the rare-view mirror to see no one behind them.

"thank god, i do not need—"

"how did that guy know you?!" felix asked confused.

seungmin smiled awkwardly, "hehe... well basicallyyyyy—"

"just tell us." hyunjin sighed, rolling his eyes.

"fine, fine." seungmin sighed.

two years ago...

seungmin walked through the church doors, his bible in hand. he greeted the pastor and continued walking, before he was suddenly pulled into a dark closet.

there was a hand placed over her mouth, and he felt fear slowly rise in his chest.

"relax baby, it's just me." a familiar voice said, and seungmin instantly calmed down.

"you scared me! what are you doing here?!" seungmin whisper-yelled at the older, hitting changbin on the arm.

"i'm sorry, i just wanted to see you." changbin smiled.

"i'm trying to go to church, can't you wait until after? you know church is important to me, hyung.." the younger pouted.

"i know, seung. i just missed you, is it so bad that i want to see my boyfriend?" changbin asked, hugging the younger.

"w—what if.. we get c—caught?" seungmin stuttered, and changbin shook his head.

"relax, seung. we won't get caught. we're okay, okay?" he smiled sweetly at the younger, before hugging him tightly.

"okay, okay." seungmin said, taking a deep breath. "can i go now? i have to get to—"

"just a few minutes, please?" changbin asked, putting his on the youngers cheeks and looking down at him.

they stared into each other's eyes, and seungmin's eyes dropped to the olders lips for a split second.

as they leaned closer, seungmin could feel the hot breath of the older on his lips. and they eventually closed the space between them, their lips meeting in a passionate kiss.

the kiss got deeper and longer, both boys completely forgetting where they were as changbin bit down on seungmin's lip.

seungmin let out a breathy moan which made changbin smirk and start leaving soft kisses on the youngers neck.

"ch—changbin—"

"kim seungmin!"

seungmin gasped and pushed changbin away as quick as he could when he saw the pastor standing in the doorway.

"m—mr. lee! oh my goodness— this is not what it looks like!" seungmin said, glancing at changbin with a sad look.

"kim seungmin, i am very disappointing in you. you know this goes against the bible!" the pastor yelled, making seungmin look down in shame.

"yes, i know. i apologize mr. lee." seungmin sniffled, nodding his head sadly.

"seungmin—"

"and you! get out of my church immediately!" the pastor yelled at changbin, pointing towards the door.

changbin scoffed and walked out the door, his gaze lingering on seungmin for a few seconds before he left.

"this is not just a small mistake, i will be letting your parents know about this." the pastor said, about to walk away when seungmin grabbed his wrist.

"w—wait, mr. lee.. please don't tell them about this, please!" seungmin cried, tears falling down his cheeks.

"i'm sorry, seungmin. but this is not acceptable." the pastor said, leaving seungmin crying in the hallway.

——

after a long and uncomfortable talk with the pastor and seungmin's parents about same-sex love and such, seungmin got a long scolding from his parents on the drive home.

"i will not let my son date a man!" seungmin's father yelled.

"i knew this was going to happen, jeonghoon! you should've listen to me!" his mother yelled at his father.

"yes, i know. call that number the pastor gave us." his father told his mother, which made seungmin's heart beat quicken.

"w—what number? m—mom—"

"not now, seungmin." his mother sternly said, dialing a number into the phone.

seungmin knew exactly which number they were talking about, and that is what terrified him the most.

seungmin ran up to his bedroom and locked door, grabbing a backpack and shoving as much stuff inside as he could.

he looked in his mirror, and glanced at the book on his dresser.

he sighed and grabbed the book, holding it tightly. he opened his window and threw his backpack down, and then started slowly and quietly climbing down.

he glanced at his home one last time, and then began running to the only place he felt safe.

as the familiar house came in view, seungmin's tears finally started falling and he ran up to the front door and started knocking on it.

as soon as it opened, seungmin dropped his backpack and hugged the person who had opened the door.

"seungmin?" changbin called out with confusion, hugging the crying boy back.

changbin glanced down at the backpack and book sitting on the floor.

"they were gonna—" seungmin managed to get out before he was cut off by his sobs.

"they were gonna send me to a c—camp!" he sobbed.

"i—i didn't know w—what to do, bin!" he cried, pressing his face into the olders neck.

"i—i'm so scared." he whispered.

"i'm so sorry, seungmin. you don't deserve this.." changbin shuddered, rubbing the boys back.

seungmin pulled away, "why are you sorry, bin? it's not your fault." he said, putting his hand on the olders cheek.

"they were gonna find out anyway." he said, hugging the older.

——

"and so basically, my parents reported me missing to the police, and they caught me and changbin stealing stuff from stores." seungmin explained.

"eventually, me and changbin moved here and with chan and minho." he said.

"i can't believe that happened to you." jisung sighed, wiping his cheeks which had tears on them.

seungmin laughed at him, when hyunjin popped up. "how did that cop back there know you, though?" he asked confused.

"oh yeah, we all stole a few things from a couple stores. only clothes though." seungmin shrugged.

"what about changbin's equipment—"

"shut up, no ones knows except you!" seungmin whispered at the older.

"equipment? what—"

jisung phone started ringing, cutting felix off from talking.

"ah, shit. it's my mom." he groaned, "we should probably head back now." he said. hyunjin got in the drivers seat and dropped everyone off at their houses before going to his own.

——

angst after crack? lmao sorry not sorry