ch. 24

as jisung was walking to school, minho jogged up to him and grabbed his hand with a bright smile.

"hey, chan said you guys got another gig tonight at eleven." he said, and jisung nodded his head in response.

"okay, it's been a while since our last one." the younger smiled, leaning his head on the others shoulder as they crossed the road.

as they were in the middle of the street, a car came speeding out of nowhere and jisung gasped when minho suddenly pushed him out of the way.

the car slammed right into the boy and threw him onto the windshield and he fell near the side on the ground. jisung screamed in terror when he landed on the ground.

"minho!" jisung screamed, before running over to the boy.

jisung held the boys body close to him, while the driver got out of the car. "oh my god, i'm so sorry. the breaks wouldn't stop and—"

"shut the fuck up and call an ambulance!" he yelled at the man, as many people ran over to the scene.

——

"jisung! oh my god, we came as soon as we got your call! are you okay? where's minho?!" chan asked, worried out of his mind.

he was just living the day as any other, he was at work when he got the call from the younger and he immediately left when jisung's panicked voice told him about minho and the condition he was in.

"yeah, same. is he okay?" felix asked, out of breath meaning that they all ran there.

jisung sniffled and wiped his eyes, "yeah, he should be fine. his collarbone is shattered and his leg is broken. he's getting surgery right now." he explained to everyone, and leaned back into the chair with a stressed sigh.

"what about you? are you okay?" jeongin asked, sitting beside him with a look of worry.

jisung sniffled again and chuckled pathetically, "i guess, he pushed me out of the way when he saw the car."

"i—i saw him get hit by it." he said, tears building up again in his eyes. he covered his face and sighed into his hands, "why did he have to do that?" his whispered, wiping his now falling tears.

jeongin rubbed his back in a way to comfort him, while jisung cried silently into his hands.

after a few hours of anxiously waiting around, the doctor came into the room with a clipboard in his hand.

"lee minho?" he called out, looking around the room.

jisung instantly stood up and walked over to the man, "yes? w—were here for him." his stuttered out quickly.

the doctor hummed, "what is your relationship with him?" he asked, looking at the pages on his clipboard.

"i'm his boyfriend." he quickly said, the doctor nodded and looked expectedly at all the boys behind him.

"and you are?" he asked, looking at chan.

"i'm his... guardian?" chan said, looking at hyunjin with a confused look on his face.

"and you?"

"i'm his brother." seungmin said, "and i'm his best friend." changbin said, tightly holding seungmin's hand anxiously.

"i—i'm his other best friend." felix stuttered.

"i'm his cousin—" hyunjin stated, "and i'm his.. uhh—" jeongin looked at hyunjin, who just looked away.

"spit it out." the doctor said, and jeongin panicked. "i'm his son." the doctor looked at jeongin with a face, and jeongin coughed.

"haha.. i'm joking. i'm his... s—second cousin." he said, smiling awkwardly at the doctor.

"anyways, the surgery went well. it should take a few months for him to fully recover. he can be discharged in a month or so." the doctor explained.

"only two people can—" after they heard everything important, they all ran into the room, leaving the doctor alone and talking to no one. the doctor only sighed and left.

the moment jisung saw minho laying silently on the bed, he immediately broke down into tears. there were a few scratches on his face and his body was wrapped in bandages.

(not realistic but just go with it lmaoo)

he sat on the chair beside the hospital bed and grabbed minho's hand. "fucking dumbass." he said while sobbing, which made hyunjin laugh.

everybody looked at him, and he cleared his voice. "sorry, he just gets me—"

"but yeah, it's still sad." he said, awkwardly looking down.

(lmao y'all ever watch zombieland?)

a few hours later

minho finally woke up (woke king am i right), and jisung gasped when he heard the boy attempt to speak.

his voice came out as a dry whispered, "oh my god. you're awake, i thought you would never wake up." jisung said, sobbing into his hands.

*FLASHBACKS TO IM SO AFRAID*

"relax," minho said with a dry voice. "i'm still alive." he said, smiling weakly at the younger.

"why did you have to do that?!" jisung yelled, making minho groan.

"you really think i was gonna let you get hit?" he asked, "i would never put you in danger, sung. and plus, your parents would've killed me—"

"oh my god, my parents! they're gonna be so mad!" jisung said, groaning in frustration. "where's everyone? did they come too?" minho asked, seeing a bag of mcdonald's on the table beside him.

"yeah, they brought mcdonald's." jisung said, sniffling a little before grabbing the bad and digging through it.

"what do you want?" he asked, and minho dryly called out, holding out his hand in desperation.

"c—ch... chicken nuggets—"

"you're so dramatic." jisung glared, handing him the small box of chicken nuggets.

"thank you!" minho smiled brightly, beginning to eat the nuggets as jisung started eating a cheeseburger.

——

yikes