Chapter 63

Like all good things, their little time in paradise had finally come to an end. It really was a perfect little get away for so many reasons. They got to spend time away from everyone and everything, just the two of them. They got to relax and unwind from the bustle of city life and just enjoy the solitude. Taylor grew more and more comfortable and confident with herself with each passing day, really opening up to Karlie with things she hasn't talked about with anyone. Karlie somehow managed to out do herself with cute romantic gestures. They finally said 'I love you' for the first time. The trip definitely strengthened their relationship in ways neither of them were expecting, and the girls found themselves wishing the trip didn't have to come to an end.

The weather seemed to mirror their mood as the minute they left, large dark gray clouds rolled in, the sky turning an eerie mix of gray and green. As they got closer to the city, rain began pelting the windows, only to be followed by the low rumble of thunder and cracks of lightning lighting up the sky. The stormy weather made the drive take quite a bit longer, Karlie slowing her speed since she could barely see more than a few hundred feet in front of them.

There was just something about being back in the city that instantly set the songwriter on edge. She spent the last half hour or so worrying about how the next few days will go, but she didn't want her girlfriend to know she was still so worried about. The model has enough going on without her adding her problems to it.

After carefully navigating the surprisingly still crowded streets of the city, they finally pull up to the blonde's apartment. Karlie insists on helping her girlfriend carry her stuff into the apartment, but the songwriter protests; pointing out that the weather was only getting worse, and there was no reason Karlie should have to get out of the car and get soaked just to help her walk up the steps.

"We can sit here and argue about this all night if you want, but I'm not letting you go out in a storm with all your stuff by yourself."

Taylor sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. She knows arguing with the model about this is futile. "I just really don't see any point in making you get out of the car with me to carry my stuff in, only for you to get soaked and have to turn around and drive back home."

"The point is," Karlie turns the key and shuts off the engine, turning to face her beautiful but also very stubborn girlfriend. "You shouldn't have to make multiple trips from the car to your apartment by yourself in the pouring down rain when I am perfectly capable of helping you."

The songwriter drops her head back, bumping the head rest. "You're so stubborn."

"Oh, I'm stubborn?" The model scoffs in disbelief.

The blonde's lips quirk up in amusement at how easily worked up her girlfriend gets when she calls her stubborn. They're both incredibly stubborn, but in their own different ways. She turns her head and shoots the model a wry smile. "Yes. You are."

"How am I the stubborn one here?" Karlie quips as she unbuckles her seatbelt, crossing her arms over her chest, turning back in her seat to fully face her girlfriend.

"Because if you were even the slightest bit normal, you would just let me fend for myself and not think twice about it. But no. I have to have the most borderline obnoxiously sweet, thoughtful, considerate, and yes, stubborn girlfriend ever."

The model closes her eyes and drops her head back against the window with a smile. "You know..." She draws out. "I could say the same about you."

"Oh?"

Karlie lifts her head, green eyes alight with amusement. "Yes. You could just be normal and let me help you, yet you insist on doing things on your own; refusing to ask for any help because you believe it might inconvenience me in the slightest, even though I'm right here offering it to you."