Chapter 53

There's been a lot of craziness going on the last few months. Thank you all so much for your support. I really do appreciate it more than you know. If anyone needs to talk about anything.. feel free to send me a message on here.. or feel free to find me on Tumblr at sbregier2. You'll find that my tumblr is very fitting of my personality.
Also.. I would suggest going back and re-reading the story before Chapter 54 comes out. There are some definite clues from early on in the story that will finally start to make sense.
I love you guys <3

******************************************

Lily lightly knocks on the door and waits patiently for it to open. Her fittings and meetings ended up taking way longer than she had hoped and it was much later than she wanted to be picking her daughter up. She could only hope Taylor had been able to get Dixie down, otherwise she'd have a really hard time getting the girl to settle down. A few seconds later, the blonde opens the door. "Hey." Taylor beckons her friend in with a smile.

"Hey." Lily smiles back, stepping inside as Taylor quietly closes the door behind her. "I'm sorry it's so late. A few of the fittings ran long, which messed up some of my meetings and everything just kind of snowballed from there."

"You're fine." The songwriter waves her off, turning to watch as Lily settles on the edge of the couch beside her sleeping daughter.

"How was she?" The brunette whispers, brushing the loose curls out of Dixie's face.

"An angel like always."

The mother grins at the compliment, finally tearing her gaze away from her sleeping baby girl to her friend as she pushes herself up off the couch. "Did she eat okay? She's been going through this phase where she claims she doesn't like food that she's always eaten."

"She ate almost as much as I did." The blonde chuckles as they head towards the kitchen. "I made a chicken quesadilla and some mac & cheese for lunch, and then we just ate the leftovers for dinner."

"She loves your cooking. Especially your quesadillas. Any time I make it, she turns into a judge from Chopped or something and always has to point out something wrong." Lily says as she settles onto one of the stools at the island counter. "Mommy, your chicken is chewier than when Auntie Taylor makes it. Auntie Taylor's is cheesier. Did you use the right cheese? Mommy, this side is burnt. Auntie Taylor never burns it."

The songwriter laughs. "I'm sure she's not that bad."

"Some days she can be." Lily admits. "She doesn't talk about anyone else like she does you. She honestly worships the ground you walk on. It's always Auntie Taylor does this, or Auntie Taylor likes this, or "Mommy, Auntie Taylor said I could." I think the only thing she loves more than you are your cats."

Taylor bursts out laughing, lightly shaking her head side to side at her friend's exaggerated response. "Oh. Speaking of which..." The blonde trails off, reaching into her pocket and scrolling through her phone. When she finds what she's looking for, she holds it out for the model to look at.

 When she finds what she's looking for, she holds it out for the model to look at