Chapter 55

A short while later, they decide to go inside; the temperature having dropped significantly the last few minutes or so. Since they'd both been drinking, the model insists the blonde stay the night. The songwriter agrees, though that's mostly because she isn't ready for the night to end yet.

Karlie gets some clothes for her girlfriend to change into and sets them on the bathroom counter, allowing her to go first and do whatever she needed to do to get more comfortable. While the songwriter was changing, Karlie quickly slips into a tank top and shorts and takes all the plates and leftovers downstairs and wraps them up, making sure to give her girlfriend plenty to take home. She then starts on the dishes and smiles when she feels slim arms wrap around her waist as the blonde leans against her back.

"I could've helped you know."

"I know." Karlie says quietly, rubbing the arms currently wrapped around her. "But I made the mess, so it's only fair that I clean it up."

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works when you make an incredible anniversary dinner for your girlfriend." The songwriter chuckles, squeezing Karlie's sides before pulling away. "Let me help you with the rest of these and then we can go put on a movie." She says, grabbing the stack of dirty plates off the counter and stepping beside the model and getting right to work.

The kitchen is cleaned in no time and once Karlie closes the dishwasher, she turns to face her girlfriend sitting on the counter beside her. "Thank you for helping." The model says quietly, leaning in for a slow kiss; her hands bracing the counter top on either side of Taylor's legs.

Taylor eyelashes flutter as she pulls back with a bashful smile; bringing her hands up and crossing them so they rest on the nape of her girlfriend's neck. "You're welcome. Thank you for making dinner."

Karlie grins back and slowly leans further into her girlfriend's space, watching as the songwriter's gaze drops to her lips before flitting back up. She holds back, just for a moment; waiting for any sign of hesitation on the blonde's face. But it's not there. She shifts closer, pressing a few soft kisses to Taylor's lips before trailing off to the corner of the songwriter's mouth, then along the underside of her jaw, slowly making her way down the blonde's neck.

She feels Taylor's hands make their way to the back of her head, gently scratching at the base of her neck and up into her hair, encouraging her to continue. The model pulls back and looks up at her through heavily lidded eyes, completely enamored with the woman before her.

"What?" The songwriter whispers, moving her hand to cup her girlfriend's cheek.

"Nothing. I just..." Karlie turns her head and kisses the blonde's palm, unable to find the words to describe how utterly in love she is. She covers Taylor's hand with her own and removes it, looking at it in heavy contemplation. She tangles their fingers together, feeling an encouraging squeeze from the songwriter. "From the moment we met, I knew there was something special about you. There was an undeniable spark between us, and I had no idea what to do with it because honestly, you were something I wasn't expecting. I didn't even know it was possible to feel that way so soon after meeting someone. And then the more time I spent with you, the more I felt that spark grow and I just knew that you were going to be someone really important to me. And now look where we are."

Taylor grins and nudges her girlfriend's nose with her own. "Important."

Karlie rolls her eyes at the lighthearted jab, though the action is laced with nothing but fondness for the woman in front of her. "Don't make fun of me. I'm trying to be romantic."

The songwriter scoffs lightly. "Like you even have to try." She looks down to avoid that stare that sees right through her. "You say and do things that I don't think you even realize are some of the sweetest, most romantic things ever. You're romantic without even trying, which makes everything you do that much more romantic."