Chapter 23

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! <3

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I can't believe you didn't talk to us about any of this. Do you have any idea how seriously this could affect your career?"

Karlie sighs, running a hand through her hair in frustration. She's been on the phone with her management team for the last half hour and they're still going on about this.

"I don't understand why you think I need to disclose every detail about my personal life with you."

"Karlie, not only did you not run this by us, we had no idea this was even a thing. Do you know how bad that makes us look? We've had to field calls for the last 24 hours dealing with this."

Karlie scoffs. "How does my private relationship make you look bad? In what way does that possibly affect you?"

"Karlie, that's not what we meant." Her publicist sighs. "We were just blindsided by all of this. You never even mentioned that you were dating someone. And all of a sudden, we're getting blown up with phone calls asking for a statement from you and the girl you're supposedly dating."

"She's not a girl I'm "supposedly dating"." Karlie practically snarls. "She's my girlfriend."

"Karlie, you've never even mentioned this girl. I didn't know you were even interested in seeing anyone right now. And then all of a sudden, she posts a picture of the two of you that had social media in an absolute frenzy. How did you think we would all react to this?"

"I didn't realize I had to disclose my personal life with my management. I suppose it would make your lives easier if I just stayed single and alone forever, that way you wouldn't have to answer questions about my personal life."

"Karlie. Please take this seriously."

"I am taking this seriously!" Karlie yells. "I finally found someone who makes me happy; someone that likes me for who I really am, not because I'm a world famous model. I finally found someone that makes me feel like it's okay for me to be myself around; someone that makes me feel like the work I do is important and that what I think matters. I've never felt this way about anyone before."

"And we're all really happy for you Karlie. Truly, we are. But we're just worried about how this will affect your career." Her manager sighs.

"My phone has been ringing off the hook. Everyone wants a statement or an interview. Everyone wants to know who this girl is." Her publicist adds.

Karlie rubs her forehead and sighs. She wants to protect Taylor from the media as much as she can. She doesn't want to drag her girlfriend into all this; she didn't ask for this. "I don't mind setting up a few interviews, but I need to discuss this with Taylor first. I'm not disclosing anything until then."

"Understood. You both have a lot to talk about. For now we won't comment on anything. But you also need to be ready for the backlash and questions about your relationship."

"Backlash? My relationships have never been an issue before." Karlie grits out, trying her best not to grind her teeth in anger.

"You've been expanding your brand lately and I'm just worried some of the campaigns you've been working so hard for might not be as accepting of your relationship. You weren't as well known back then Karlie. People weren't following your every move. Now they are. This is already drawing loads of publicity."

"I honestly don't care. If they can't accept me for who I am, or if they have an issue with who makes me happy, then I don't want to work with those kinds of people. Taylor means more to me than some stupid campaign or new project."