Chapter 44

When Karlie and Taylor return to the house, the model notices all the cars are gone. The girls set their things down in the kitchen, being sure to put everything away so Joe doesn't somehow get into anything. The songwriter notices the two younger sisters are laying out back by the pool. "The twins are still here." She says, nodding to the backyard as she continues putting the last of their picnic leftovers into the fridge.

Karlie pulls open the door wall and sticks her head out. "Where is everyone?" She asks; Joe instantly darting between her legs and out into the yard. The songwriter sidles up behind her girlfriend; wrapping her arms around her middle and resting her chin on the model's shoulder.

"Mom and Kris went to the store a little while ago and Dad's still at work." Kimby yells back; not moving from her spot in the sun. Kariann sets down the book she was reading and shifts in her chair, turning to face the door. "How was your date at the park?" She asks innocently with a smile. Kimby instantly sits up at the question, turning to look at the pair with a huge grin on her face.

Taylor's cheeks tinge in embarrassment from the question and the twins unwavering smiles. She shies away, hiding her face in the model's broad shoulder as if to shield herself from the twins teasing.

Karlie rolls her eyes, all too familiar with her sisters attempts of teasing her and her girlfriend. She knows they were doing it to get to Taylor, and based on the shit eating grins on their faces and her girlfriend's head now pressing into her shoulder, it was working. "It was really nice. Thanks for asking."

Kariann nods, smiling to herself as she returns her attention to her book. Kimby props herself up on her elbows, keeping her attention on the two girls. "You guys should change into your suits and come lay out with us."

Karlie turns her head and looks beside her; wordlessly asking the songwriter what she wanted to do. Taylor thinks about it for a short moment before eventually shrugging her shoulders. "Why not?"

Karlie's face lights up with a bright smile. She turns back to her sisters. "We'll be out in a minute." She says, quickly closing the door and heading upstairs to get changed. Karlie offers her bathroom for the songwriter to use, so Taylor grabs her things and changes in the bathroom while Karlie slips her suit on in her room.

Taylor emerges a few minutes later, her hands tightly clutching the towel around her body. The model finishes tying her hair up in a messy bun and turns around, instantly sensing something was off. "What's wrong?" She asks, easily reading the apprehension and nervousness on her girlfriend's face.

"Nothing." The songwriter insists, adjusting her grip and pulling the towel up to cover more of her body.

Karlie moves over to the blonde, resting her hands on what she assumes to be her girlfriend's hips. "We don't have to stay out there long if you don't want to. I promise I won't let them tease or embarrass you anymore."

Taylor nods, a shy and bashful expression on her face. She knows Karlie would probably love to spend time with her sisters. That's why they're here after all. She doesn't want to let her nerves and insecurities get in the way of that.

Karlie takes the songwriter's hand in hers, pressing a brief kiss to the top of her hand before pulling her into her side, wrapping her arm around her girl. "Come on beautiful." She says, guiding them back down the stairs to join her siblings.

Once the girls are outside, Karlie quickly goes to the shed to pull up a lounge chair for her and Taylor to use. She sets it on the patio and lays her towel over it, flashing the blonde a smile. "Sit." She says, before turning around to run back into the house. The songwriter keeps her towel wrapped around her body, feeling incredibly self conscious in front of Karlie's sisters for some reason.