Chapter 59

Karlie laid awake, her body buzzing with this newfound energy. She rolled over to check her phone, the time 6:05 A.M. flashing back at her. Her movement pulled a groan from the body beside her. The model carefully rolled back over and hugged the songwriter closer to her, deciding to lay there a little longer. She traced her finger along her girlfriend's arm, Taylor sighing contentedly as she snuggles closer in her sleep; her mind still reeling from what had happened only a few short hours ago.

She had been dying to tell Taylor she loved her for months now, but she didn't want to pressure the blonde into thinking she had to say it back. Their relationship has always been strong, but she knows the ghosts that continue to haunt her girlfriend even now. She knows the issues the songwriter has and how hard it is for her to truly open up and trust someone. She's so incredibly proud of how much Taylor has grown since the start of their relationship.

A few months ago, Taylor was still trying to push her away and keep her guard up. Now she was the one to make the first move and say I love you. Well, sing it first anyway. She never could have anticipated the turn their night would take, but she's so glad it happened. It's like a weight has been lifted and the burden she placed on herself to restrain her feelings is gone. She can shout it from the rooftops just how much she loves this woman and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks because she knows Taylor loves her too.

After laying there for about 20 minutes, she decides to get out of bed and go for a run. As much as she would like to stay nestled in bed all morning with her beautiful girlfriend, she has too much pent-up energy and she needs to do something with it before she explodes. So, she carefully starts to peel herself away from her koala bear of a girlfriend; though she doesn't get far before the songwriter is shifting over onto her side looking for her and the cutest whimper escapes the blonde's lips.

"Shh. It's alright. Go back to sleep love." Karlie coos, her heart melting when Taylor subconsciously smiles at her words. She waits another moment until she's sure the blonde is still asleep and finally slips out of the bed. She quietly goes about the room getting ready, gathering her things to change in the bathroom so she doesn't disturb her girlfriend. Once she's done with her morning routine, she slips out the door; turning the handle as she pulls it closed to avoid the loud click.

*************************************************************************

Taylor cracks one eye open as she wakes; groaning at the tiny streak of light coming through the curtains that weren't completely closed. She closes her eyes and huffs, shifting across the mattress to nestle back into the warmth of the model, but there's nothing but cold sheets. She lifts her arm and pats the mattress, finding that side of the bed empty. She sits up and looks around in confusion, not seeing any sign of her girlfriend. The songwriter pulls the blankets aside and gets out of bed, instantly grateful she has socks on as she feels the cold of the floor attempting to permeate her socks. "Kar?" She calls out shuffling towards the door, though she doesn't receive a response. She walks down the hall and still sees no sign of the model. She goes to the kitchen and finds that also empty, aside from a plate with paper towel draped across it on the counter. She walks over to it and finds a note written in her girlfriend's loopy scrawl beside it. She picks it up and reads:

'Good morning my love,

You looked so cozy and peaceful while you were sleeping, I didn't have it in me to wake you. I know it's not much, but I wanted to have something ready for you when you got up. There's a fresh pot of coffee and the cream is on the top shelf in the fridge. Hopefully by the time you see this I'll be on my way back from my run.

I'll see you soon beautiful.

Love,

Karlie <3'