Chapter 33

Taylor found herself completely frozen as she stood staring at the last person she would have expected to see standing outside her door. It felt like someone had sucked all the air out of her body as she gaped at the door. Her mind was reeling, trying to figure out what to say.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, the only words coming to mind at the moment.

The visitor eyed the blonde for a moment, slightly taken back. Taylor watched the conflicting emotions cross their face as they struggled to come up with the words. "I um... well I-" They stuttered, suddenly feeling like they shouldn't have showed up like this.

Seeing the stranger struggle for an explanation seemed to finally snap the blonde out of her daze, like someone had flipped the switch in her body. She quickly launched herself out the door, throwing herself into the arms of her very anxious girlfriend. Strong arms quickly react to catch her, holding her tightly as the model breathes out a sigh of relief.

Karlie's arms were supporting all of Taylor's weight as the songwriter clung to her. The model could feel the girl's body trembling in her arms and tightened her hold in response.

Finally overcoming her initial shock, the songwriter wraps her arms around the model's neck, pulling back to look into familiar green eyes. "How are you here?"

Karlie shrugs nonchalantly. "I drove here silly." She says like it's obvious, nudging her nose against her girlfriend's.

Taylor scoffs and rolls her eyes. "I didn't mean it literally." She gestures for the model to put her down and her girlfriend complies. Once her feet are safely on the ground, she grabs Karlie's hand and pulls her into the hallway, shutting the door behind them.

"I meant how did you know how to get here?"

"Oh." Karlie chuckles, one hand coming up to rub the back of her neck.

Taylor instantly picks up on the nervous tick and tries to hold back her smile. It's been awhile since she has seen this side of the model.

"Your brother actually helped me out with that."

"Austin?" Taylor questions, completely confounded by this information. "When..." She stutters, "How did he-"

"When we were loading up the car Thursday morning." Karlie cuts off her girlfriend's stuttering. "We exchanged numbers just in case and I actually ended up messaging him after our factice date last night. I asked him for the address and he sent it to me." She eyes her girlfriend worriedly for a moment, not knowing how she would react to this. "Is this ok?" She was worried about showing up unannounced, but she really missed her girlfriend and something in her told her this was where she needed to be.

Hearing the uncertainty in the model's tone, Taylor softens into a smile. She tugs her girlfriend into her, wrapping her arms around Karlie's neck as she pulls her in for a hug. "Of course it's ok. I've missed you too." She murmurs. "I just... I can't believe you're really here."

"There's nowhere else I'd want to be." Karlie says honestly. "I was sitting there with my family, laughing and sharing stories and it just felt like something was missing. It was weird to not have you there by my side. And that's when I knew where I needed to be. I always want to be where you are."

Taylor can't stop herself from smiling as she leans in for a kiss. Karlie melts into it right away. The model smiles as her lips brush the songwriters for a second time, slightly changing the angle as they deepen the kiss.

The girls are so caught up in the moment that they don't even notice Austin gleefully watching from the doorway. He couldn't help but feel a little proud of himself for helping put that smile on his sister's face. He knows it's really all Karlie's doing, but when the model texted him and asked for the address, he was happy to help. He knew this girl was definitely the one for his sister.