Chapter 58

Quick test..

What's 5+8=?

And what's 8-5=?

If you know, you know ;)

Anyway, I hope you and your loved ones are all doing okay during these crazy times. And thank you to each and everyone of you who have taken time to read or comment on any of my stories. I appreciate it more than you know. I honestly went back and forth on this one for a long time, trying to find the best way to write it. I hope you guys like it.

****************************************************************************

It only took about 20 minutes into the drive before the songwriter tried to get information out of her girlfriend as to where they were headed. She had been asking all kinds of random questions, trying to narrow down the possibilities. Taylor would guess somewhere and Karlie would simply shake her head at her and smile.

Once they got outside of the city, the model had stopped to fill up on gas and get some snacks for their drive. The songwriter was genuinely shocked when her girlfriend opened the door and handed her the snacks.

"What?" Karlie asked when she saw the look on the blonde's face.

Taylor just glances from her girlfriend, to the bags of junk food, before returning back to the model. It was hard for her to reconcile the fact that her supermodel girlfriend who had been on a strict diet and workout routine for the last month had just bought out probably half the store's junk food.

Karlie just smiles and shrugs her shoulders. "You can't be healthy on vacation. It's against the rules." That earns an eye roll from her girlfriend which only makes her smile more. The comment may have seemed innocent enough, but Karlie did have her reasons for buying so much food. She had noticed the songwriter had been looking thinner these days. She wasn't sure if it was stress from work, or the attention on their relationship, or something else entirely. The thing she was most worried about was that the songwriter was doing it for fashion week.

Taylor hadn't brought it up much, only asking a few questions in passing. That's why she suspected this was the main cause. Karlie knows her girlfriend well enough to be able to tell when she's holding back, or when there's something bothering her. But it's not something she wants to push because she knows ultimately the blonde will talk to her if she needs to. So she's been paying a little more attention to Taylor's habits lately, and if she was reading too much into something that wasn't there, she was okay with that.

Once they're on the road again, Taylor does decide to open up some snacks for them. "What do you want to eat? You seriously bought half the store."

"It wasn't half." Karlie insists.

"You're right. Probably closer to 2/3." The songwriter deadpans.

The model shoots her girlfriend a quick look before returning her eyes to the road. "Remind me again why I thought it would be a good idea to surprise you with a vacation?"

"I don't know why. You know I hate surprises."

"I was just trying to do something nice for my girlfriend, and this is the thanks I get?"

"Yup." The blonde nods, holding up two snacks. "Which one do you want?"

"You pick."

"Karlie." Taylor drops her head back against the seat with a whine.

"Taylor." The model teases right back.

"Why are you like this?"

"Because I was raised to be polite and thoughtful?"