Chapter 10

Taylor finds herself rushing down the street, moving as quickly as she can around the crowded sidewalks. She was supposed to be meeting up with Karlie, but she was now running over 20 minutes late. She decided to pull her phone out to let the girl know she was still coming.

"Hey. Sorry I'm running so late. I'm on my way, I promise! I should be there in a few minutes."

Taylor hated running late and she never wanted to keep people waiting for her. She thought she would have enough time to get everything done before she left, but she underestimated how long her meeting was going to take.

"It's ok. No worries. I just got here myself. I'll see you soon :)"

Taylor smiled, slightly relieved Karlie hadn't been waiting the whole time. She put her phone away, continuing her way down the street with a smile, knowing her day was about to get even better.

Taylor finally made it to the café and quickly looked around, looking for Karlie. Her eyes scanned the room a few times before finally spotting Karlie, the normally easy to spot girl was hidden behind her laptop.

Taylor made her way over, watching Karlie as she got closer. She could see her eye brows furrowed in concentration, her fingers moving relentlessly, typing away on the keyboard. Taylor was only a few feet away from the table now, but Karlie was so engrossed with her computer, she still hadn't noticed Taylor's arrival.

Sensing someone else's presence, Karlie finally looks up from her computer, her face breaking into a bright smile and her eyes lighting up as she sees Taylor.

She quickly stands up from her chair, wrapping her arms around Taylor in a tight embrace. "Hey you." She says happily, glad that Taylor was here now. "Hey yourself." Taylor replies, smiling at the happiness she feels emanating from Karlie's hug.

Pulling away from the embrace, Karlie immediately walks over to pull out Taylor's chair. "Thank you." Taylor says softly, lowering herself into the seat.

"Mhm." Karlie hummed in response. "I was going to order your drink for you, but then I thought maybe you would want something different from last time. So I figured I would wait until you got here to see what you wanted."

"Oh. You didn't have to wait for me." Taylor replies, scanning the menu quickly, before settling on a drink.

Karlie can't help but chuckle, seeing how quickly Taylor had settled on a drink. "You know what you want?"

"I think I'm gonna go with the French Toast latte."

Karlie stands with a smile. "I'll be right back."

"I can go with you, you know." Taylor says as Karlie begins walking towards the counter.

Karlie throws a laugh over her shoulder before turning to face the shorter blonde. "It's ok, I got it." Karlie says easily.

Taylor tries to force back a smile, knowing Karlie was just spoiling her. It made her feel guilty sometimes because Karlie was always so quick to do things like that for Taylor, but she knew that Karlie would refuse her help anyway. That's just who she was.

A few minutes later, Karlie returns with their drinks, sliding Taylor's across the table as she settled into her chair opposite the girl.

"Thank you." Taylor says quietly, lifting her lid to blow on the drink before she dared to take a sip of the hot liquid.

Karlie nods her head in response, too caught up in watching Taylor to give a verbal response.

Karlie watches Taylor finally take a sip, smirking and looking away as blue eyes meet her stare. "What?" Taylor asks softly, wondering why Karlie was smirking.