Chapter 16

The ride back started off pretty quiet. Karlie sat with a very respectable amount of distance between her and Taylor. In fact, Taylor was almost taken aback by how far away Karlie was sitting. She hoped she hadn't done something to offend her or upset her in some way. She just wanted to get Karlie back to her place and make sure she was ok.

The silence was soon broken when Karlie started giggling, leaving Taylor confused as to what she was laughing at. "What?" Taylor asks, quietly, smiling at the giggling model beside her.

Karlie keeps giggling as she brings a hand up, clumsily slapping it over her face probably hitting herself a little harder than she intended. "I'm so drunk." She manages in between a new bought of giggles.

Taylor can't help but join in, laughing at the drunken model's realization. "I see that." She says, her smile widening. "How exactly did that happen?"

Karlie presses her head into the head rest of her seat, leaning back with a groan. "My friends got me drunk."

Taylor forces herself to not laugh at the obviousness of Karlie's statement. The after effects of alcohol seem to really be kicking in since they got in the cab. "I figured as much." She says drily, stifling her own fit of laughter. "Is there a reason they wanted to get you drunk?"

The hand on Karlie's face shifts, bright green eyes peering through the cracks of her fingers. She brings her hands down to rest in her lap, puffing air between her lips; blowing a raspberry.

"They might've overheard me talking to Lily about our date." She says sheepishly, her cheeks tinged with a light shade of pink. "They were mad I wasn't telling them anything about it and they tried getting me drunk so I would talk." She slurs, shaking her head slightly. "But they couldn't get nothing outta me. I'm like a vault; completely locked down."

Taylor bursts out laughing, watching in amusement as Karlie turns the key into the invisible lock on her mouth before throwing the key away. Even though she's concerned with just how much Karlie may have drank tonight, she can't help but find the girl completely adorable right now.

Karlie suddenly shifts closer to Taylor, exhaling a deep breath as her head slumps down, resting on Taylor's shoulder. Taylor quickly reciprocates, leaning her head down to rest on top of Karlie's. She then grabbed the model's hand with her arm that wasn't pinned between them, holding it in her own.

Karlie began lightly tracing Taylor's fingers, fiddling with each one before she slipped her hand completely into Taylor's. Taylor smiled at the gesture and began lightly stroking the back of Karlie's hand with her thumb.

Karlie sighs contentedly, enjoying these little touches and the quiet of the moment. Taylor shifted, moving the arm that was pinned between their bodies. Karlie lifts her head slightly, confused by the movement.

Taylor smiles at her and moves her arm to wrap around Karlie's shoulders, pulling the model closer to her. Karlie smiles and slumps back down onto Taylor. She could feel her heart buzzing and her stomach doing flips, enjoying how normal this all feels.

"I really like you Taylor." Karlie mumbles quietly, breaking the peaceful silence that had settled between the pair.

Taylor smiles at the confession. Even though Karlie has had a lot to drink, she knows the model's words are completely sincere. She reaches her hand up to brush the hair off Karlie's face, letting her fingers run through the long blonde hairs before locking her hand with Karlie's again.

"I really like you too Karlie." She whispers, making both herself and the girl in her arms smile.

The cab eventually comes to a stop and before Taylor can even sit up fully, Karlie has untangled herself and is handing the driver money. She slips out of the car, crouching down and extending her hand for Taylor. Taylor blushes at the gesture and accepts the hand, sliding out of the cab after her.