Chapter 13

6 pm Saturday had come even faster than Taylor expected. She thought she had timed everything out perfectly. Yet here she was, body wrapped in a towel, no make-up on, and her hair still dripping water from her shower, beginning to panic. She glanced over to her clock and couldn't figure out how it was already 5:45.

She quickly moved to look at her outfits she had laid out on her bed. Unfortunately, nothing caught her eye. Even after looking at some of her favorite dresses and go to combination outfits, nothing seemed right. She had to look perfect tonight. She had to look perfect for Karlie.

The main source of her panic, other than wanting to impress Karlie, is that she had no idea what the other girl had in mind for their date. She wasn't sure if she should dress casual or formal. If they were just going to see a movie, she didn't want to overdress, but if Karlie had something extravagant planned, she didn't want to wear the wrong thing. Unfortunately, the model had been very tightlipped about the date, no matter how many pouty face emojis and pleading messages Taylor had sent her.

The blonde knew she had to get going. She was running out of time and she really didn't want to keep Karlie waiting. She finally settled on a simple white floral dress paired with nude heels, before rushing to the bathroom to work on her hair and makeup. She settles on light makeup, just a hint of eyeliner and a red lipstick to match her red nails.

Her hair on the other hand, had a mind of its own. She quickly grabbed the blow dryer and started brushing and drying her hair simultaneously, hoping to make it dry faster. After parting and styling it, she did a once over in the mirror, checking to see if she was missing anything. She grabbed a headband, hoping that might tame her wild hair. She wasn't quite happy with how her look came out, wishing she had more time to work on her hair and make-up.

Before she could stress any further, she heard a knock on her door

Before she could stress any further, she heard a knock on her door. Throwing a glance to her alarm clock, Taylor let out a small chuckle as she saw the time; 6:00 on the dot. She knew Karlie was coming to get her at 6, but the girl's punctuality was quite impressive. Taylor made a mental note of that being another thing to add to the already long growing list of things she liked about Karlie.

Practically running down the stairs, Taylor stumbled when she missed the last step.  She grabbed the railing to steady herself, cursing at her lack of coordination. She had to pull herself together. She stood up and shook her head, as if willing herself to shake off her nerves, before making her way to the door. Exhaling one last shaky breath, she turns the knob, slowly pulling the door open.

Karlie was leaning against the brick on Taylor's front steps, her back facing the door. She was looking down at the ground, seemingly not having heard Taylor open the door. Taylor can't help but notice how nervous Karlie looks, her head down and her hands stuffed in the pockets of her skirt.

Leaning against the door, she let her eyes wander for a moment, taking in the sight of the girl and her effortlessly flawless appearance. Karlie was wearing a fitted gray knit shirt, tucked into a dark blue skirt, putting her long toned legs on display, with white tennis shoes. Her hair was pulled up in a loose messy bun, each stray hair perfectly out of place.