Chapter 25

Taylor momentarily freezes; she was so caught up in the song and thoughts of her girlfriend that she didn't even realize someone had been watching her. She instantly recognizes that voice and sets her phone down, slowly turning around and smiling at the familiar head of shaggy red hair.

"It's been a while since I've heard you play. I see you haven't lost your touch of course." He takes a few more steps into the room, shooting his friend a knowing glance. "I assume there's a very good story behind that song you just played and that dopey smile you've got on your face."

The blonde shoots out of her stool, quickly crossing the room and throwing her hands around her friend. Ed chuckles, instantly returning the embrace.

"Well I guess someone's happy to see me." He jokes, but squeezes his arms around the girl tighter, knowing he missed her just as much.

"I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages." Taylor agrees, finally pulling back to look at the Brit. "How are you? What've you been up to?"

"That's probably because you haven't. I've been holed up in the studio the last few months working on some stuff and you know how I lose all sense of communication and technology when that happens."

Taylor quirks a brow, staring pensively at Ed. "New music, huh? Does that mean you're working on a new album?" She asks, unable to hold back her excitement.

The blonde has always been a big fan of Ed's music and she loves when Ed sends her what he's working on and asks what she thinks. They both work really well together and they love bouncing ideas off each other.

"It might." Ed cracks a smile, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "That's actually kinda why I'm here. I wanted to try something a little different this time around and I was hoping you'd help me."

"Okay, with what exactly?" Taylor asks.

"I've hit this point where I just really want to step outside my box and try something new. And I have a couple ideas I wanted to bounce off you."

Taylor observes her friend for a moment, watching his nerves take over. "Okay. So what did you have in mind?"

"Well, before we get into that, how about we talk about whatever the hell it was that I walked in on? I haven't seen you like that in..." he pauses, looking up and scrunching his nose up in thought. "Well, really I've never seen you like that. So you gonna tell me what's going on there?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Taylor bursts out laughing, shaking her head at his antics. "I might. But how about you tell me what you're really up to? Why are you here?"

Ed throws his hands up defensively. "Why do you think I'm up to something? Maybe I just really missed you and wanted to stop in and see how you are. And nice diversion by the way." He winks, making the blonde smile.

Taylor scoffs. "I think this little spontaneous visit of yours says enough. You normally just send me your ideas and ask for my tweaks or input or whatever. You don't fly half way across the world without a call or text and randomly show up at the studio I just happen to be at just to catch up. You're here for a reason, and the fact that you keep avoiding the question tells me that I'm right." She levels him with a look that practically dares him to argue.

"Okay, okay." He surrenders, eyeing her with his own challenging stare. "When did you become so damn suspicious?"

The blonde cocks an eyebrow, staring at him.

Ed tries to continue the stare down but can't and starts cracking up. "Wow." He laughs, shaking his head. "Seriously, when did you get so feisty? A few months ago, I could've showed up whenever and you wouldn't have questioned it. Hell, you would've actually seemed happy to see me." He jokes.