Chapter 34

After hours of tossing and turning, feeling lonely in her bed, Taylor threw off her covers and stood from her bed. She crept down the stairs and slowly padded towards the couch to find her girlfriend fast asleep. She looked so peaceful and cute. With the model being so tall, the bottom half of her legs weren't even covered by the blanket. Taylor chuckled as her heart warmed at the adorable sight.

She carefully lowered herself onto the couch, laying down so her back was resting against Karlie's front. Strong arms quickly tighten around her and pull her close, adjusting to accommodate both bodies on the small couch. Taylor wasn't sure if Karlie was even awake at first, until she felt lips pressed against her neck followed by an adorably groggy sleep filled voice croaking out a "Hi."

The songwriter hummed at the contact. "Hi." She whispers shyly into the darkness. Taylor begins stroking the model's arms, causing goosebumps to rise on the soft skin when the sleepy voice speaks again.

"Your parents are gonna think I'm some kind of floozy or something."

Taylor laughs quietly. "Who even says that?"

"I say that." Karlie protests sleepily.

"My parents won't think you're a floozy."

"They better not. I'm not that kinda girl."

"Mmm." The songwriter hums. "And what kind are you exactly?"

"Psh. I'm obviously a good girl."

"Obviously."

The two lay there, the faint tick on the clock of the mantle, along with each other's breathing were the only things heard in the quiet of the house.

"What's wrong?" Karlie asks, sensing something was bothering her girlfriend.

"Nothing." Taylor sighs. "I just... I couldn't sleep knowing you were so close but you weren't with me."

"Hmm." The model hums, but decides not to press any further. "You know... this couch ain't big enough for the two of us." She drawls.

Taylor laughs quietly at the bad accent. "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"Never." Karlie whispers, tightening her arms to pull her girlfriend impossibly closer.

"Night Kar." Taylor grins into the darkness.

Sleepy lips press a soft kiss to her cheek. "Night beautiful." Karlie replies, pressing her forehead to the back of the blonde's head. She takes a deep breath, the comforting scent of her girlfriend lulling her back to sleep.

**************************************************************************

Andrea and Scott wake the next morning, coming down the stairs to find the two girls curled up together on the couch; Karlie holding Taylor from behind with the small blanket draped over their bodies. The adults share a smile, Scott's arm coming to wrap around his wife's shoulder as they head into the kitchen to make breakfast.

*************************************************************************

Karlie is the first to wake, her internal clock used to being up early because of her crazy schedule. She smiles at the girl in her arms before slowly and carefully removing herself from the couch, making sure not to wake her girlfriend. Karlie bends down to adjust the blanket, covering Taylor as best as she can. The model brushes a few stray hairs away and kisses the songwriter on the forehead before standing up. She heads into the kitchen but pauses in the doorway when she sees the Swift's already up.

"Good morning Karlie." Andrea smiles warmly at her.

"Morning Mrs. Swift, Mr. Swift."

Andrea shoots the model a look, silently reminding her she doesn't have to call her that. Scott turns his attention from the stove to the model. "There's fresh coffee in the pot and I'm working on breakfast. Do you like omelettes?"