Chapter 65

"Oh my god, I totally forgot about that!" Joan laughs.

"I didn't. That was so embarrassing!" Karlie groans. "I was worried I had scarred Dixie for life."

Cara had decided to recall the time Dixie mistakenly ran to Karlie's dressing area backstage at a show. The model had obviously been in a state of semi-undress at the time and was completely surprised by Dixie throwing open the privacy curtain, calling out for her mommy. She had quickly turned around both at the intrusion, and the familiar little voice only to find Dixie's terrified face as the little girl realized this most definitely not her mommy. Karlie had quickly bent down to comfort Dixie, but the little girl didn't recognize her and had let out a terrifying scream that had the entire backstage crew looking in their direction. Luckily, Lily was just in the next curtain over and was able to quickly soothe her daughter.

"Once she realized who you were, she was fine." Lily chuckles. "You definitely left an impression on her though. All she talked about after that was Auntie Karlie's tummy muscles. 'Mommy, your tummy doesn't look like Auntie Karlie's. Yours is flat and Auntie Karlie has tummy muscles.' 'Mommy, why does Auntie Karlie have so many muscles? Is she Supergirl?' 'Mommy, can I be pretty and have tummy muscles like Auntie Karlie when I get big?'"

"Damn Klossanova. Your charm even works on toddlers?" Cara jokes, cackling in delight at the model's flustered expression.

Karlie rolls her eyes at her friends teasing, trying to fight her rapidly growing blush. "You guys know I hate it when you call me that."

And truthfully, the model really does hate that nickname. She loves these girls to death, but sometimes they tease her about things that she's actually insecure about. She's not some player that's always trying to chase a new woman or make anyone fall for her. That's not who she is. She would never try to charm someone just to toy with them or string them along or see how many women she can get to fall for her. And she knows her friends know that, but sometimes she can't help but feel like they forget how hard she's had it with her relationships when all they talk about is how easily she can make anyone fall for her.

"But you are!" Joan insists. "I can't even count the number of times I've seen women become so smitten that they're practically throwing themselves at you after only talking to you for like 30 seconds."

Karlie shakes her head in disbelief. "That doesn't happen."

"Yes it does."

"Happens pretty much every time we go out babe."

"You're the kind of person that is incredibly charming without even trying."

"And that honestly makes it so much worse." Jourdan laughs. "You could seriously have your pick of anyone, anywhere, at literally any time. Can you imagine the effect she would have if she actually tried to turn on the charm though?"

"You mean with those piercing eyes and that stare?"

Cara nods. "All we'd have to do is keep her from opening her mouth. Cuz you know she'd start spouting off about her coding or something science or space related, and all hope would be lost."

The entire group bursts into laughter, though Karlie doesn't find the teasing quite as amusing as her friends do, given all the jokes are being made at her expense.

"Hey, she must have some game because she got Taylor to talk to her." Lily interjects, coming to her friend's defense. "I've known that girl for a long time, and she is scarily good at reading people and calling them out on their bull shit. So she must've said something right."

Karlie flashes her friend a grateful smile at coming to her defense. She's definitely used to getting teased like this, especially from this group, but they seem to be relentless this morning. Lily has always been one of the more perceptive ones in their friend group, and Karlie has confided in her before about how she feels about that nickname and being seeing as some kind of womanizer or major player.