Chapter 12

Arriving back at Karlie's apartment, the girls all decided to make some cookies. The twins wanted peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, while Karlie and Kristine wanted oatmeal chocolate chip. After double checking to make sure she had everything, Karlie decided they could just make both kinds. Karlie of course knew her Grandmother's recipes by heart, but the others needed to glance at Karlie's recipe book from time to time.

The sisters were standing at the counter, working seamlessly with each other as they each had their own part. Karlie was the mixer, Kristine did all the measuring, and Kimby and Kariann rolled the cookie dough into balls and placed them on the cookie sheets.

Karlie had her Ipod plugged into her music dock, her sisters mocking her for her random and eclectic taste in music. One song could be punk alternative, the next could be a rap song, then the next could be country or even oldies, followed by a current pop song.

It was the perfect setting, Karlie spending time with her sisters dancing and laughing and baking together, just like they used to do as kids. Even though so much has changed since then, it was always nice to see that Karlie's relationship with her sisters and family seemed to stay the same.

"So, tell us about her." Kristine says suddenly, the song playing in the background was an old slow song, so there wasn't much dancing and singing going on. The twins perked their heads up, wanting to hear Karlie talk about this girl she met.

"Well she uh... she's-" Karlie pauses, a smile overcoming her face as she thinks about Taylor. Kristine can't help but smile as she looks at her sister; a noticeable pink tinge to her cheeks, and that daydream look in her eyes.

"She's amazing." Karlie says quietly. "She's really sweet. Whenever we talk or if I call her, she gets so worried she's like keeping me from something or that she's bothering me. She's got this really adorable laugh too and she always tries to hide it. And she's kind of shy, so she blushes a lot, and her cheeks get so red; it's really cute."

Kimby and Kariann exchange knowing looks with each other, trying to hold in their giggles. Karlie looked like a love struck teenager, talking about her high school crush.

"She's really easy to talk to. We'll talk about anything and everything for hours. She's so funny too. She's got this really dry sense of humor and we just ramble and banter about nothing."

"What's her name?" Kariann asks.

Karlie's smile grows wider. "Taylor."

"Is she pretty?" Kimby asks.

Karlie closes her eyes for a moment, Taylor's mesmerizing blue eyes coming to mind. She sighs before opening her eyes again. "She's beautiful. She's got these gorgeous blue eyes. They're so cool. The edges are a darker shade of blue and they get lighter and lighter the closer it gets to the middle. They're seriously so blue. And when she smiles..."

Karlie finds herself trailing off, thinking about that smile that makes her day. "It's usually a small shy one, but when she really smiles, it lights up her whole face. You can see it in her eyes and it's breathtaking. It's like, the best feeling in the world knowing you helped put that smile on her face."

Karlie felt the familiar heat in her cheeks and she didn't even bother trying to hide her blush. She knows Taylor's absolutely stunning. Karlie was hooked the moment those intense blue eyes met her own. But she was starting to realize while talking to her sisters that she couldn't think of a single thing about Taylor that she didn't find incredible or beautiful.

The timer going off snaps Karlie out of her thoughts.

"What does she do?" Kariann asks quietly.