Chapter 56

As the end of the month neared, both girls became extremely busy. Karlie was constantly running from fittings to meetings to the gym and back. She had upped the intensity and frequency of her workouts, practically doubling her training time. On top of the extreme workouts, the model had also been sticking to a strict new diet; relying on greens and lean proteins. She was starting to really wear herself thin, and Taylor obviously noticed. 

It wasn't hard to tell her girlfriend was stressed out. When the songwriter voiced her concerns, Karlie assured her it's something she goes through for every fashion month, and it's perfectly safe and normal for her to train this way.

It wasn't that she felt like Karlie was blowing her off; her girlfriend was just as attentive and doting as always. So she knew they'd be fine. But the songwriter knows Karlie takes her job very seriously. She just didn't want to be a distraction for her. So Taylor threw herself into work instead. 

She had been working with a friend on a new project that was taking up most of her attention and was really excited with the direction things were heading so far. The light buzzing of her phone on the desk top brings the blonde out of her thoughts, smiling as she taps on the screen to answer.

"Hey you."

"Hey Beautiful. How's your day going?"

"It's been really good actually; even better now that I'm talking to you. I was just thinking about you."

"You were, huh?" The model quips; her tone softening from teasing to demure as she continues. "Hopefully good thoughts."

"With you, they're always good thoughts." Taylor admits, smiling at the flustered chuckle she hears in response.

"Good to know."

"How's your day been? "

"Well, that depends."

"On what?"

"Are you busy right now?"

"Um," The songwriter glances around her desk at the various items she was working on, though nothing was really a pressing issue. "Not really. I'm just working on some stuff."

"How would you feel about me stealing you away for a bit?"

"Okay." Taylor agrees, an unbridled smile on her face. "When were you thinking?"

"Well, I'm kind of down in the lobby."

"Kind of?" The blonde deadpans. "Someone was confident I'd say yes."

"More hopeful than confident." Karlie nervously chuckles. "Are you up for it?"

Taylor can't help but smile at her girlfriend's nervous tone. "You're so cute." She gathers her papers and puts them in her folder, cleaning up her desk a little before responding. "I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Take your time." The model replies easily, and the blonde can hear the smile in her voice. "I'll be waiting."

The songwriter chuckles. "I'll see you soon." She says, ending the call so she can finish putting her things away and go meet up with her adorable girlfriend.

*****************************************************************************

The pair stop somewhere for a much needed coffee fix before continuing on their way. They stroll hand in hand through the crowded city streets. "How's your day been?" Taylor asks, her hand linked with Karlie's, swinging slightly in the space between them..