Chapter 14

It was now Thursday night and Selena was coming over for dinner and a girl's night. The brunette was sort of vague on the phone about the reasoning behind this surprise visit, but Taylor had a feeling it had something to do with the guy her friend had been seeing. Whenever she asked about him, Selena would try to change the subject or just brush her off with simple vague answers.

Karlieeee :)- "Hey you :) What're you up to?"

Taylor smiled at the message. She had been busy working all week long and this the first night she's had off in a while. That meant she hasn't been able to see Karlie since their date last Saturday. Since their date, she couldn't get the model out of her head. She was having trouble focusing at work because she couldn't think about anything but the amazing girl that took her out on the best date ever.

Taylor- "Hey yourself :) Nothing much. Just waiting for Sel to get here. What are you up to?"

Karlieeee :)- "Getting ready to go out with some of the girls from work. Hopefully they're not planning on doing anything too crazy. I'm actually jealous you get to have a nice cozy night in and these weirdos are dragging me out :( "

They've both been incredibly busy with work this week, so there hasn't been much time to plan another date or for them to even hang out. They have spoken on the phone or texted each other every day since, but Taylor was dying to see Karlie again.

Taylor- "Aww. I'm sorry :( Who's all going? If Cara or Jourdan are going, I bet you won't get off that easy :p "

Karlieeee :)- "Haha. That's what I'm worried about. As far as I know, It's me, Lil, Martha, Gigi, Jourdan, Cara, Behati, Candice, and Joan. Basically the Victoria's Secret crew."

They both happened to have tonight off and Karlie had asked if she wanted to do something, but Taylor had already made plans with Selena and she felt bad cancelling on her friend. Karlie was sweet and understanding as usual and told Taylor to have a good time with her friend and that they would get together soon.

Taylor- "Wow. So not only are you going out with a bunch of super models, you all just happen to be Victoria's Secret angels as well?"

Karlieeee :)- "Hahaha. Yea. They're all here shooting something for the new summer line, and I guess it was decided we were going out. All I know is those girls could probably drink any guy under the table, and I don't know how they do it."

Taylor giggles at the message, trying to mentally picture perfect fit models out drinking big burly guys. She heard a knock at the door and quickly made her way over, pulling it open with a smile. "Taylor!!" Selena yelled before she threw her arms around her friend, squealing with excitement.

Taylor caught her friend and wrapped her up in a tight hug. "Hey Sel."

The pair shared a long hug, the kind of hug that silently expresses how much you've missed each other and how it's been far too long. The girls finally separate and make their way over to the couch.

"So, not that I don't love surprise visits from my best friend, but did something happen? What's going on Sel?" Taylor asks, concerned for her friend since the last few times they've spoken, she could sense something was off.

Selena avoids her friend's eyes, which is an obvious sign to Taylor that something's wrong. She shrugs her shoulders, running her finger along the edge of the couch. "I just really missed you. I haven't seen you in a few months and work's been so crazy. I guess I just wanted to get away from all of that for a bit and come see you."