Chapter 62

I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. Thank you all so much for reading this story and I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year!

********************************************************

Karlie wakes up to the steady puffs of her girlfriend's breathing on her neck. The blonde was currently sprawled half on top of her body, her face buried in the model's neck. She tried shifting the girl off her, but Taylor sleepily grumbled, burrowing herself and squeezing tighter around the model's body. Karlie chuckled, giving up for the moment and tracing her fingers up and down the songwriter's back. She always feels restless when she first gets up, like she needs to do something, but she was content to lie there with the blonde for a few more minutes.

About 10 minutes later, she decides to get up; carefully extricating herself from under the songwriter's weight. She kisses her girlfriend on the forehead, soothing her grumbles before quietly padding out of the room, closing the door behind her.

She figured Taylor wouldn't be getting up any time soon since they had gone to sleep so late. Not to mention, her girlfriend had significantly more alcohol than she did. So, Karlie decided to make her breakfast in bed. The first thing she did when she got to the kitchen is get a pot of coffee brewing. There was just something about the smell of fresh brewed coffee that helped get her going in the mornings. Then the model moved headed over to the fridge to see what they had that she could put together for breakfast.

After examining the contents of the fridge, she decided to make some breakfast quesadillas. They had leftover cheese, tortillas, and peppers and onions from last night's meal, so this would be a good opportunity to use that all up without taking too much time since it was pre-cooked. Karlie grabs a frying pan and sets it on the stove, giving it time to heat up a bit while she gathers all the ingredients she'll need and sets them on the counter. She lays down enough bacon to cover the pan, knowing that it's one of her girlfriend's favorite things to eat for breakfast because it's easy to hold and something she can keep coming back to snack on. She can also use a strip or two to dice up and throw in the quesadillas to give them a bit of crunch since mostly everything will be re-heated.

As she's reaching for the eggs, her phone starts ringing. Luckily, she had left it charging in the kitchen last night, otherwise she wouldn't have heard it. She wipes her hands on a towel and swipes the screen with a smile. "Hey Mom."

"Good morning sweetie. I hope I didn't wake you?"

"No, you're fine. I was just getting breakfast going."

"Oh good. How are you, how's everything going?"

"I'm great." Karlie smiles, thinking about how incredible this little vacation has been. "Things are falling into place at work and we're all set for next week. School's pretty good so far. I got a good jump on some of my coursework, so I shouldn't fall behind. This trip has been absolutely amazing so far. I think we both needed some time to just get away and relax for a bit and the weather the last few days has been perfect. Things are just really great right now."

"Yeah?" Tracy questions, hearing the obvious smile in her daughter's voice. "How's Taylor?"

"She's good. She's asleep right now."

"Still? Isn't she more of an early riser?"

"Most of the time, yeah." The model nods, setting her phone down and putting it on speaker so she could get back to her preparations. "We had kind of a late night last night, so she'll probably be out for a while still."

"Late night, huh?" Tracy teases.

"Oh gosh. Can we not... not like that mom." Karlie rambles out, incredibly flustered by her mother's insinuation. Mostly because they're getting closer and closer to that step, but she doesn't need her mother to know that. She might tell her mom a lot of things, but her whole relationship with Taylor is so different than anything she's ever experienced. She kind of likes being able to keep their relationship as private as it is, even with how close she is to her family.