Chapter 24

Fortunately for Taylor's own sanity, Karlie kept her promise and ended up calling her girlfriend as soon as she landed. It honestly shouldn't come as a surprise to Taylor anymore. Karlie always keeps her promises and follows through with what she says.

But there's still a part of her that worries one that one day, Karlie is going to realize she made a mistake and she'll walk away. It's that little voice in the back of her head, always telling her she's a mess and that she's not good enough for someone like Karlie. Even with Karlie constantly being amazing and assuring her, that little voice is still there, and Taylor hates herself for it.

They didn't get to talk for very long. Karlie was doing her best to rush her way through the airport to avoid the paparazzi and as soon as she was in the car on the way to her hotel, her phone was blowing up with calls from her management. Taylor finally managed to get her girlfriend to agree to hang up with her since Karlie was obviously busy, but only after the model managed to negotiate the promise of a facetime date tomorrow.

Taylor figured she wouldn't be hearing from Karlie again today, given the model's jam packed schedule and the time differences. She didn't want to be needy and seem clingy by blowing up her girlfriend's phone, but Taylor could already tell this was going to be a long day. She misses Karlie terribly and she just saw her a few hours ago.

Taylor's phone vibrating on the counter pulls her from her thoughts. She glances down at the screen and smiles.

Lil <3: "Hey babe. There was something I wanted to talk to you about. Are you busy?"

"Not at all. Is everything okay?" She doesn't have to wait long for Lily to respond.

Lil <3: "Yea. I just wanted to talk to you about something, but I'd rather do it in person. Are you at your place?"

"Yep. Come over whenever you're ready."

Lil <3: "Be there in 10."

"See you then."

Taylor puts her phone down on the counter, eyeing it for a moment as she tries to figure out what Lily wants to talk to her about.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later, there was a knock at her door. Taylor and Lily exchange hellos and hug briefly before heading to the kitchen.

"Do you want something to drink?" Taylor offers, unsure how long this impromptu visit would last.

"If you're having something, I will." The brunette sets her purse down on the counter.

Taylor rolls her eyes, staring pointedly at Lily before crossing the kitchen. "Red or white?" She asks over her shoulder, getting two glasses for wine.

Lily shrugs, pulling out one of the stools from the island counter. "Surprise me."

Taylor grabs the bottle of white wine and fills their glasses. She hands one over to Lily before moving to the other side of the counter. She takes a sip before setting the glass down, eyeing her friend from across the counter top. "What's going on Lil?"

"Relax. I told you it was nothing bad." Lily laughs, taking a sip of wine. "Are you still planning on coming early to help get ready for Dixie's birthday party on Saturday?"

"Of course. I miss my little munchkin."

"Oh. The feeling's mutual." Lily smirks. "Dixie's been bugging me all week, asking if Auntie Tay was coming to her party."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. She's getting so big! I can't believe she's already turning 4."

"I know." Lily sighs. "It's crazy how fast the time goes. Next thing I know she'll be in school, then she'll be dating, then it's off to college; she'll be married before I know it."