Chapter 8

Taylor and Karlie made their way into the bowling alley, Karlie grabbing the door for Taylor as always. The first thing Taylor notices is the building has most of the lights off and things seem to be glowing. The bowling pins, bowling balls, and anything that's lighter in color was glowing the most.

"It's cosmic bowling night." Karlie says, as if she's reading Taylor's mind. "Basically everything glows in the dark."

Taylor nods her head, realizing she was probably a teenager the last time she went bowling. It's been a long time since she went out. Occasionally her friends would get her to go out to the bar, but other than that, Taylor usually stayed home.

"What's your shoe size?" Karlie asks, pulling Taylor out of her head.

"Um. 9 I guess." Taylor answers unsurely.

Karlie smiles at her. "Ok. I'll be right back."

Taylor takes a look around the place and can't help but notice how many people are here. Clearly this is a normal thing people do and she can't help but feel a little upset that her own choice to close herself off has made her miss out on so much.

"Taylor!" Lily exclaims, walking over to embrace her friend in a hug. "It's good to see you babe."

"Hi Lil." Taylor returns the hug, already feeling more at ease now that Karlie and Lily are here with her.

"Where's Karlie?" Lily asks, noticing the absent model.

"I think she-"

"Hey Lil, when did you get here?" Karlie asks, coming up behind the pair to join them. Karlie hands Taylor her shoes, the shorter blonde smiling shyly at her. "Thank you."

Karlie returned the smile and put her own shoes down to give Lily a hug. "I just got here. I saw Taylor right away and just came over. Are any of the other girls here yet?" Lily asks, pulling back from the hug.

"I haven't seen anyone else yet. But we just got here ourselves." Karlie responds, sitting on a chair to put her shoes on.

"Well, I'm going to grab some shoes and I'll check the other end, see if they're over there." Lily says. Taylor and Karlie nod in acknowledgement and finish putting their shoes on.

Karlie finishes tying her laces and looks over at Taylor, smiling at the blonde. "Alright. Let's go find you a ball."

Taylor nods her head and stands up, following Karlie over to a rack filled with different colored bowling balls.

"So what weight do you usually use?" Karlie asks, flipping the bowling balls over to look at the weights printed on them.

"I don't know. Maybe like a 10?" Taylor says unsurely.

Karlie snaps her head up to look at Taylor, trying to bite back a laugh. "A 10?" She repeats, smiling at the shorter blonde in amusement. "That's like, what kids use."

"Karlie Kloss, don't you dare laugh at me." Taylor says seriously, narrowing her eyes and crossing her arms as she stares at Karlie who's failing to hold back her laughter.

Karlie puts her hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. A 10 it is. Um, do you have a color preference? There's a few racks we can check if you don't like any of these."

Taylor can't help but smile. Of course Karlie would ask her something like that. She's always thoughtful, even when she's being playful and messing around.

"A pink one if you can find it." Taylor says softly, smiling up at the taller girl.

Karlie once again forces back a laugh. Of course Taylor wants a neon pink bowling ball. She quickly scans the rack and doesn't see any pink ones that are 10's. There's a 14 and an 8, but no 10's. She makes her way over to a different rack, checking the weights of all the pink balls.