Chapter 68

Well, as a wise woman once said, "It's been a long time coming." I wanted to thank you all for your continued support and love for this story. It always means so much to see someone say how much they like a certain line or that they have read this story multiple times. I truly appreciate each and every one of you <3

Also, TTPD dropped! Curious to hear some of your thoughts and opinions. Anyone have any favorites?

**********************************************************************************************

The small group of women stand frozen, watching with bated breath to see how the scene before them was going to unfold. It was obvious the blonde woman was on a mission; her sights clearly set on Karlie, who had the misfortune of facing the opposite direction; completely unaware of what was coming her way. She was in the middle of some kind of interview; the young reporter surely asking probing questions while Karlie charms her with joyous lighthearted responses and politely evasive vague answers while the camera crew around them capture the interaction.

The songwriter finds herself rooted to the spot; unable to look away, as she watches the scene play out in what feels like slow motion. She knows exactly what is about to happen but is completely helpless to do anything about it. It's not like she wasn't expecting this exact moment, but now that it was actually here, it feels different; more real.

Likely because she has finally gotten a look at the woman who has been a huge part of her girlfriend's life. A woman Karlie has loved so much, and for a long time; and someone she was happy with not very long ago.

Before, she could naively imagine that the woman wasn't even real. That she was just a faceless person in a story her girlfriend had brought up a few times. She could spin theories about what this person may look like, good or bad, but had nothing to confirm or deny her thoughts. Maybe she was a model with a beautiful face, but perhaps not as devastatingly so as her imagination had made up. Even though she was a model, maybe she didn't adhere to typical modeling standards.

Or as in some of her more outrageous musings, this woman was so larger than life and so untouchable, that their paths would never really cross. Surely this woman was movie star status and would never be seen running in the same circles as an unknown songwriter. Even though she herself had several A-list celebrity friends and acquaintances, but never mind that.

Now though, that fantasy was now completely shattered. Having a face to actually go with this person she thought so much about was unnerving. She was indeed very real. And very beautiful. She was everything she had feared the woman would be.

She was tall and thin, her build smaller than Karlie's, but legs equally as long; though significantly less muscular. She was dressed in designer clothes that perfectly clung to the very obvious model-like figure underneath. She also had beautiful blonde hair that fell in soft curls past thin shoulder blades; the strands framing a beautifully angular face with a sharp small nose, full lips, and light eyes. Though it was difficult to actually tell what color they were.

It truly felt like she was looking at a life size version of the Barbie dolls she had growing up. The one's she wished she could be more like; with the perfect hair, long legs, and perfect body.

"Excuse me everyone, can I have your attention please."

The songwriter is brought out of her thoughts as all eyes in the room turn to the stagehand who is standing on a chair, calling out to the room. "I need all models from the show to head back towards the stage for a group picture. Please finish up what you're doing and head out the doors behind me. Again, all models head back towards the main stage for a picture please. Thank you."