Chapter 19

It's been almost a month since Karlie first asked Taylor out on a date. Since then, the girls have talked to or seen each other every single day. The last few weeks were slightly more casual meet ups, as the girls schedules didn't allow them much free time. They had gone to the movies, met up for lunch, and had a few more dinner dates. All in all, things seemed to be going pretty well for them. And that's why Karlie invited her family over to her place for their monthly family dinner.

She was really excited to see her family again, since she hadn't seen them all in a while. But she was also incredibly nervous because she hasn't really told them much about Taylor. Whenever her mom called, it was more of a check in to see how things were. Her sisters knew she had asked Taylor on a date, but Kimby and Kariann had started their internships, and she really hasn't had much time to talk to them since.

Karlie was actually starting to feel bad that she had let her family become out of the loop. She didn't do it intentionally; she just didn't know how to bring the topic up, especially with things between her and Taylor being so new still. She knew her family would have a lot to say if they knew about her new relationship.

'Relationship?' She thought to herself. 'Can I even call it that? I mean, we've been on a few dates. And I obviously like her. I like her a lot. But does that mean we're in a relationship?' Unfortunately, she didn't have time to think about it, as she heard a knock on the door, followed by the incessant ringing of her doorbell.

Karlie rolled her eyes and made her way to the door, already hearing the bickering voices on the other side. She opened the door to reveal an annoyed look on her mother's face, Kimby and Kristine in the middle of arguing about something, and a relieved looking Kariann.

"Alright you two, that's enough." Karlie smiled, hearing her dad's voice join the mix.

The model stepped to the side, inviting her family in and hugging each one as they entered. Her siblings headed straight for the kitchen, continuing to bicker with the other.

"How long has that been going on?" Karlie asks, gesturing back to the kitchen.

"Oh gosh." Tracy sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Since we got in the car." Kurt chimed in.

"Kimby, you're being a brat." Kristine shouts, drawing everyone's attention back to the kitchen.

"We should probably go break that up. We all know Kimby's go to is hair pulling, and I don't know if Kariann would be able to hold Kris back if Kimby were to try that." Karlie suggests, noticing the argument was only getting worse.

Tracy was already making a beeline for the kitchen. "I swear, you guys are worse now than you were when you were kids." She shouts, entering the kitchen to mediate the situation.

Kurt shakes his head, draping his arm around his daughter and as Karlie led them towards the kitchen. "It's good to see you honey. We've missed you."

"I missed you guys too."

Tracy seemed to have the situation under control by the time they got there. Karlie headed straight for the fridge, pulling out some of the snacks she made earlier. Kariann immediately gets up to help her, but pauses to look at something on the fridge.

As Karlie hands her sister a tray, she notices Kariann's dopey smile. "What?" She whispers, looking questioningly at her sister. Kariann motions with her eyebrows to the picture that had caught her attention. Karlie follows her sister's line of sight and immediately blushes, ducking her head in the fridge to get more food and avoid Kariann's knowing gaze. It was the same picture she had sent to Taylor after their first date; the one of them on the ferris wheel.