Chapter 49

"So how long are you here for?" Taylor asks, settling down on the couch beside her brother.

"Just the weekend. A few of my buddies wanted to do something before we all go back to college, so we're having one last 'guys' weekend."

"That's cool. Are you guys staying somewhere together or just doing your own thing and meeting up?"

"Are you asking because you're worried I need a place to stay and that I would infringe upon your time with your super hot girlfriend?" Austin asks.

"You're such an ass." Taylor shoves him, rolling her eyes at her brother.

"But am I wrong?" He challenges with a cocky smirk.

"Yes. You are." The blonde huffs. "I was asking because you showed up here with no bags or any kind of warning, so I don't know if you want the guest room while you're here or not."

"Well, lucky for you and your bae..." He winks, making the songwriter scowl, "One of the guys suggested Atlantic City, so we actually booked a few rooms there. So I'm just here for a few hours to say hi and bug you about your girl."

"God I forgot how annoying you can be."

"But you love me."

"Debatable."

"Lies."

The siblings have a little 30 second stare down, neither one ready to back off. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for the blonde, her phone starts vibrating, ending the stare down. She glances over at the device and notices it's a facetime request.

Her easy smile and the brightness of her eyes let the younger brother know exactly who is calling. "Speak of the devil." He grins.

The songwriter shoots her brother a glare, extending her arm in front of her and accepting the call. "Hey you." She says, her smile growing as her favorite green eyes are now looking at her through the screen

"Hey baby." The model coos; that soft tone filled with love that she only uses when speaking with the songwriter.

Taylor blushes at the tone; her brother's winning smirk only making her cheeks redden more. "Where are you?" She asks, not recognizing the background.

"I'm at the IMG offices. We were just going over the lineups and schedules for the fall shows and everything."

"That sounds... fun?" The songwriter offers.

Karlie chuckles, shaking her head with a fond smile directed at her girlfriend. "I guess it is. It's kind of overwhelming to see the number of shows and events they want me doing, but it's also fun and exciting because it's such a huge opportunity and the highest honor to be able to be asked for these kinds of things."

The blonde smiles at her girlfriend's obvious excitement. She might not know a lot about the fashion world, but she knows Karlie is well respected and is one of the most sought after models these days. "I can't even imagine what it's like."

"Honestly? It's all kind of crazy. There's the casting, fittings, final fittings, rehearsals, early call times, the actual shows, celebration dinners, and you're just running from one show to the next and then jetting off to a new country every few days. Sometimes it gets overwhelming."

"Wow. That does sound like a lot."

"Yeah. September is going to be really busy."

"How many shows are you doing?" Taylor asks with genuine curiosity.

"Well, there's different shows for each part of fashion week. So, for example, there's New York Fashion Week. During that week, there's close to 100 different shows. Some days I'll be doing 3 or 4 shows a day, others only 1 or 2. So for New York Fashion Week alone, I could be doing 10 to 12 shows, and then there's still London, Milan, and Paris. There are other ones too, but those 4 are the biggest."